Search

little rock hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little rock hotel?

Hi all,

My partener and I will be driving from Austin to Ithaca and planning to stay our first night on the east side of Little Rock. Does anyone have a good hotel recommendation? We would like something clean, with good parking and safe. Thanks!
Shelley
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:26 PM

I live here and would highly recommend the Peabody or the Marriott in downtown Little Rock. You could enjoy a nice dinner and breakfast. It would be nice to stroll around this area which has enjoyed a revival since the Clinton Library. If you're just stopping for a place to sleep and have no time - and would rather spend less - then I would recommend coming on over to west Little Rock on 630W and staying at La Quinta on Shackelford or one of the several places on Chenal Parkway (Hampton Inn, Red Roof Inn, Embassy Suites). Little Rock is not a big place really and the east side of town is not the best part by any stretch.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM

I second the downtown area. West LR is nice but another option is North Little Rock around McCain Mall. There is a newer Residence Inn and Fairfield. My husband's company uses both of these hotels for business stays and the response is always positive. There is ample shopping and restaurants in the area and easy I-40 access.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 05:39 PM

I say go with your original plan. There are several airport hotels on I-440 (Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Select, Comfort Inn, Travelodge). Easy in easy out.

Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM

Based on my own experiences, I can't recommend the airport area hotels--better to find something on I-30 before you get to the airport/Memphis cutoff. My recommendation is the Wingate Inn on Shackleford. It's only a few miles out of your way but it meets your criteria and there are many chain restaurants in the area. Take I-430 north off of I-30 to Exit 5, Shackleford Rd.; turn right and proceed 1/4 mile to the Wingate on the right. Check it out at tripadvisor.com.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 04:05 AM

I wouldn't advise the hotels on the east side of town either. If you don't want to stay in downtown at the Peabody or Marriott (my first two choices), I'd head on out to West Little Rock for the Holiday Inn or Embassy Suites.