Charlottesville Lodging Help!

Old Jul 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlottesville Lodging Help!

We are planning to spend 2 nights in Charlottesville in September. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Monticello or the Hampton Inn. Which is nicer or are they about the same? Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 03:38 PM

Monticello is outside Charlottesville. Aren't there any downtown hotels available?
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 03:58 AM

I don't think the Holiday Inn Monticello is anywhere near Monticello, partly because I haven't seen it while pretty well crisscrossing the area. But then I might be wrong.

Charlottesville effectively has two main street areas: one near the university and one at the "downtown mall". Both have restaurants, small shops, etc. The Hampton Inn is located about halfway between the two, perhaps closer to the "mall".
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 05:13 AM

We've stayed in the Holiday Inn Monticello before. While it was acceptable, it really wasn't close to anything other than the interstate.

We much prefer the Omni Charlottesville; it's on the Pedestrian Mall and easy walking distance to many shops, restaurants, the farmers' market, etc.

Not familiar with that particular Hampton Inn, sorry!
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM

We thought about the Omni on our trip a couple of weeks ago, but decided it wasn't worth the cost. We stayed at the Residence Inn, which is, like the Hampton Inn, halfway between mall and UVA, and it was perfectly fine (we considered the Doubletree, which was quite a bit less expensive, but it's not entirely non-smoking, which we prefer). Both times we went to the pedestrian mall, we were able to park on the street, and other than that, we were driving outside of town (Monticello, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc.)
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

I'll check the Residence Inn and the Omni. Thank you everyone!
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM

We stayed at the Omni last August, and LOVED the location ... you could walk right out into the pedestrian mall. If you join their Loyalty Program, you get lots of free goodies (parking, internet, etc.) It was our first time at an Omni, and we were very impressed ... would definitely go back.