Residence Inn in Sarasota/Bradenton

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone tell me anything about the location of this hotel? I have hear that Bradenton and parts of Sarasota are shady areas.

This hotel is close to the airport and was wondering if anyone can tell me about it.

Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:03 PM

It's fine. University Drive (Blvd?) is a major sort of street with the airport on the north side of it. There are a couple of clusters of hotel/motels set back a little from the street in a very tree lined area directly across from the airport. Residence Inn, Courtyard, and Springhill Suites as well as others are all in the same immediate area. I've stayed in all them, depending on who's cheapest each time. You're right by the entrance to the Ringling Museums on US 41 as well. But there's nothing really to walk to from the hotel.
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response! I was looking for info on the hotel and I found this post and I think this is the area the Residence Inn is in. This person obviously lives there :

"The strip of hotels/motels between the B/S airport and just before downtown are under $100 but they are not safe and used mostly for drug deals and unsuspecting tourists.

My xbf's drug dealer lives at the Super 8.......go figure.

$50....will get you five rocks...no room....double your money and head to the Holiday Inn on Lido beach, although watching the hookers on 41 on a weekend night can be interesting, watching the sunset on Lido Beach is a prettier picture."

YIKES! I am really limited to where I can stay because I have 2 dogs (over 50#) that I will have to take with me. My kennel is booked I'm looking for other options but so far this is all I can find

Thanks
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:22 PM

JennyJJ--- I lived in Bradenton about 5yrs ago--- I think the negative review may come from the area on US 41 between airport and downtown Sarasota--- I seem to recall there were some smaller/older properties there. But my memories agree with NeoPatrick-- the area on University, right by the airport was fine, and the properties seemed newer. Have you checked for any recent reviews of Residence Inn on tripadvisor hotel reviews? That may give you some additional info. or reassurance.
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
LN

I also agree that the Residence Inn is in a decent location. University Drive is directly across from the Ringling Museum. There's some seedy motels a couple miles down Rt 41 toward Sarasota but they're not where the Residence Inn or Springhill Suites (I think) are located which is across from the airport.
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:37 PM

Ditto to the comments above. Two different areas.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

I checked on Trip Advisor and all the people were talking about was the breakfast was good and the rooms were average. They didn't address the location.

I'm so glad to get comments from people who live there or have stayed there.

I guess that still can't be 100% safe. 2 yrs ago we rented a house in a yacht club area and the house was broken into during the day and they stole our laptop and camera. The police told us there were 3 robberies on that street that DAY!!!

It ended up being a druggie that someone on that street was renting a room to. The cops found him passed out with all of the items around him in bed. He had turned on our computer and was reading our contract with the owner of the house when he passed out! LOL So it was pretty obvious that was the computer we were telling them was stolen.

So you never know. Thanks for everyone's help!