LGA-TSqr midnight transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We (6 adults, 2 toddlers w/car seats) are arriving Tuesday night before Thanksgiving into LaGuardia. Our flight is scheduled to land at 1135 pm and I am sure it will actually arrive later than that. Are cabs an option at that hour or should we book a car service? We are staying in 2 different hotels (Hilton Times square w. 42nd & Hilton Garden Inn 47th & 8th.)and would prefer not to wait on a long cab line. Would the cabs even be a viable option at that hour? There could'nt be that many fares to the airport at that hour and I know they try to avoid the airports for general fares.
Fodorites please help. Thank you
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 06:49 AM

You shouldn't have a problem getting a cab into the city at that time. There are usually lines of cabs at LaGuardia especially during the holidays. You will need 2 cabs of course, but it should not be a problem.

You can of course book a service car. The rates are flat rates into the city, plus toll and tip. There are several that are good, Dial7 and Carmelo being the 2 best known.

Have a great time while you are here.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 07:34 AM

You MAY be able to fit in 2 cabs if you can put 3 adults & 1 toddler in each and don't have too much luggage. Your other option is to pre book a car service. I'm tempted to say that's what you should do and get 2 prices-a large van for all of you making 2 stops or 2 separate cars. You won't have to prepay either. I'd just say if you're kept waiting by a car service for more than 15 mins., just take a cab. I've heard more bad stories about these car services on busy pre holiday trips.

Old Aug 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM

I fly in/out of LGA frequently, too frequently, and I usually take a cab.

The exception is during the holiday season, when cab lines can be LONG. You might be best-served with a car service:

www.dial7.com

You call them with your reservation number when you're at baggage claim and the car picks you up on the curb.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM

Be sure to tell the car services how many people, how much luggage and that there are 2 stops (this will be extra) in order to get an accurate quote - other wise you may be in for a surprise. Also - if you want car seats for the toddlers
it will be an extra charge, you need to tell them in advance - and they may say you're better off with 2 full size sedans.

You should be OK for cabs on most nights - but that night every flight is packed with college kids coming home for holidays - and the lines might be long.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM
GoTravel

I agree, go with Dial 7 (212-777-7777).

The airport will still be very busy that late and the cab lines will be long.

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 08:10 AM

Just to clarify, you'll need TWO cars from Dial 7 (just like you'd need 2 cabs).

www.dial7.com