Car service for Saturday Broadway show

May 5th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Donna-Sue

Car service for Saturday Broadway show

We will be in NYC for an overnight including Lion King on a Saturday evening. We are having trouble choosing a restaurant because one in our party is elderly and has trouble walking more than 1 or 2 blocks. There is not much in quality eating by 42nd street, and I know it will be very difficult to get a cab at 7:30 on Saturday. Are there any car services that can be booked in advance? We would be willing to book one for 3 hours if necessary, to take us to the restaurant, wait while we eat, then take us to the theater. Thanx for your feedback.

May 5th, 2002, 04:35 PM
suzanne

Are you staying in a hotel? The concierge would be able to help you with this. You definitely don't have to book far in advance - I never book a car service more than a day ahead of time. There are a zillion car services in NY...they all have easy numbers like 212-777-7777 (that's the one that advertises the most).

Also, depending where you are staying, it could be very easy to hail a cab instead...it seems like 1/2 the traffic in the city is cabs! Of course if it's raining, it could be difficult.

May 6th, 2002, 04:18 AM
rqf

A car service can be booked in advance and cars can be booked for any length of time desired. The cost for many is usually in the $30 to $40 an hour range. Use the Yellow Pages on the internet for telephone numbers. Most have 800 numbers so check the 800 directory on the internet as well.

May 6th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Donna-Sue

Thanx for the help. I am going to make some calls. Does anyone have a favorite car service to recommend?

May 6th, 2002, 07:18 AM
CC

Try Crowm Limo (800) MY Crown - $40 an hour

May 6th, 2002, 09:01 AM
lisa

We always call Ben's to go to the airport. (718) 433-1212. Not sure what their hourly rate is.

May 6th, 2002, 12:05 PM
rqf

Hourly rate at Ben's ios $35 an hour, for a sedan, with a two hour minimum. 800 number is 227-5060

May 6th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Owen O'Neill

At times it seems like far more than half of the cars in midtown are cabs yet at times it's tough to find one that's available, particularly true close to curtain tiem and when the theatres let out. An additional consideration is leg room. Standard cabs are Chevy Caprice or Ford Crown Victoria. These are full size cars but with the security divider that is standard in almost all NYC cabs, the leg room in the rear is surprisingly tight (I'm tall but only have a 32" inseam and I have to work at getting my legs in and out). Most of the car service cars I've seen are Lincoln Town cars and they have loads of leg room - much easier to get in and out of without a lot of bending or stretching of the legs. It's a much better choice than a cab for your situation.

May 6th, 2002, 01:26 PM
nyc

My company has accounts with companies that I normally use if I need a car, so I'm not sure if this is true in general, but I can just order a car to pick me up and drop me off somewhere rather than wait for me hourly -basically how a cab works in almost everywhere in america but nyc. Yahoo has yellow pages - you could try looking for car services and see if you can book one to pick you up at the theater and then again later on. You shouldn't need to have to book it hourly.