La Quinta hotel chain

Search

La Quinta hotel chain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Quinta hotel chain

We've got reservations at one in Norcross, GA and have never stayed at this brand of hotel before. I realize a lot is dependent on the location, but what kind of experiences have you Fodorites had with this chain? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM

My experience(s) have all been very positive with La Quinta. We last stayed at one in Phoenix in June and received free wireless internet access, free breakfast and free airport shuttle. Oh yes, we paid $59.99/night. It is a good, moderately-priced chain.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM

We find the LaQuinta Inn and Suites normally to be better than the LaQuinta Inns. This isn't always true, but it usually is. We have stayed at them many times for $49-69 and have most always been very happy. If it has been built in the last 2 or 3 years that is another good sign that you will like it. One drawback for us, is that we like two queen beds, often they are doubles.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My experience is that they are one of the more inconsistent chains. I would stay at a 3-star rated La Quinta but would stay away from any that are rated 2-stars. Looks like Norcross is one of their 3 star properties.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all - I feel much better with our reservations!
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM

They do allow pets so if you are allergic, I advise calling them and telling them you need a room that has not has a pet in the past.
They do have pet free rooms but they may all be gone if you don't tell them you need one.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM

I've stayed in several La Quintas and have never had an unpleasant experience (which isn't to say they're all equally good). I stayed in the one in Missoula Montana two weeks ago and it was great. Have also visited them in Fla, Maine, Penn, and Virginia.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:29 PM

We find LQ to be consistent budget motels. There are reviews for this specific motel on Tripadvisor.

I haven't been in that neighborhood off Jimmy Carter Blvd and I-85 NE of Atlanta in several years. Some of the general retail and residental areas nearby were in a decline some years ago, but the Oakbrook Pkwy was a more business park area, so may be fine.

If you repost with the specific Norcross GA La Quinta in your subject line, you might get someone from Atlanta with more recent knowledge than I about the area.