Search

JFK T3 TO T2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFK T3 TO T2

Hi all

Hope someone can help me. We fly into jfk land @14.00 in T3 and get a connecting flight from T2 @ 15.30 do we have enough time and how long will it take to walk from T3 to T2
Thanks
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM

You really didn't supply enough information, but I've made an assumption that you are connecting from domestic to international ... if that's not the case, you can still probably make the connection but would have to pass through security, and the entire process would take much longer.

These two terminals (both Delta) are connected. The walk takes perhaps 10 minutes (perhaps a bit more depending on where your gate is and if you are a fast walker), and it's all within security.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

We fly from ireland and connect to san fransisco
we will already have cleared imigration in dublin
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM

I think this is treated just like any other domestic to domestic transfer, at least it has been when I've arrived at LGA on a pre-cleared Caribbean flight and just picked up my luggage at the regular baggage claim since LGA has no immigration or customs facilities.

So you don't have to reclaim and recheck your luggage since it's already been cleared by customs in Dublin, so that just happens. And you walk from one terminal to the next as I've described above.

But one caveat: I've never done this on a flight from Europe or on a connection since I live in NYC, so I'd like someone to confirm that the transition is as seamless as I've described.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much Doug
for taking the time
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM

I would contct the airline about customs. I know you go through Immigration in Ireland and it doesn't make sense you would have to do customs here - but it's safest to double check. As long as you don;t have to go through security again - and your plane is on time - youshould be OK.

If the plane is late and youdo have to go through security I would think chances of making it are small.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM

Flights from Europe are often late landing at JFK and if the weather is bad, all bets are off. JFK, had a 2 hour weather delay over the weekend, so all flights coming and going were delayed so I would hope for the best and plan on the worst. If there is another flight for SF later in the day you would be rebooked, or you could get stuck at JFK overnight, again with only 1 1/2 hours, you are cutting it close.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM

I have flown in and out of JFK at least 100 times and it is mixed bag. Usually the worst time to fly is between 8-10 PM when the bulk of the international flights are crammed together. And unless there is bad weather the early afternoon is not that bad.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM

That's my experience as well. When you're late at JFK you're often really late, but that's just not been my experience over the years.