Inn at Laguna Beach - Ocean View Rooms?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:43 AM
katie

Inn at Laguna Beach - Ocean View Rooms?

Besides price, can anyone tell me the difference between a "low level" and "high level" ocean view room? Are the low level rooms partial views or something? Or is there foot traffic and that's what makes them significantly lower in price?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
tim

I'd try to get an ocean front room with a balcony at "Vacation Village". It has an unobstructed great view of the ocean and the beach is right out your door. We've stayed there several times. Make sure you get ocean front, many do not face the water. Tim

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Michele

Sorry, I am not sure, but I think there was a walkway around the front of the building so there woul be some foot traffic on the lower levels.

The hotel was great, beatiful room, nice robes, breakfast basket was wonderful to eat while overlooking the ocean. It has beatiful view of the water & is in a great location.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:59 PM
JoAnne

Personally my fav in Laguna Beach is the Surf and Sand, closest hotel to the beach I have ever stayed in. The new tower has the best rooms.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:04 PM
rs

To finally answer your question- ther lower rooms are partially to almost fully obstructed by trees, the slope or shrubs or the pool. They are also closer to where people walk so you can see and hear more people.But it's much better than the non view rooms which face the parking lot or the street. The hotel is in such a great location relative ot Laguan it's hard not to cconsider. We didn't even use our car for the weekend.