ocean view vs. ocean front

Nov 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

ocean view vs. ocean front

At the sands in T & C, can anyone explain the difference to me??
Thanks
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Sunnyboy

I've not stayed at the Sands but at other "condo" style resorts on T&C ocean front means your room unit is in a building that is the first one back from the beach. Ocean view means your room unit is in a building set further back in the property but you will still have a view of the water. There isn't an appreciable difference between the two except for the price and the distance to the beach (but you are only talking about less than a minute or so difference in walking time). If you chose an ocean view unit your view of the water will be better from one of the upper floors.

Nov 11th, 2003, 12:38 PM

An ocean view room could be set back, as Sunny said and also could have a view from an angle but be FACING somethin else, e.g. another building. Hope this helps. Larry
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:57 AM

Just stayed there last month in an OV room in building 3 which was the building closest to the beach. I think all the OF rooms would be in building 3. Our view faced east with a lg chunk of ocean view. Otherwise Point Grace resort was our other predominant view. Our walk to the beach probably took 2 more minutes than the OF. I wouldn't spend the money on OF, although OV could also be in other buildings than 3, meaning a titch longer walk.
Nov 12th, 2003, 05:55 AM

I agree with juinmi.

We stayed there last year and couldn't decide between the OV or the OF. We opted for the OV because there was a pretty substantial price difference, and we did not know if it would be worth it.

We spent very little time in our room and were very happy with it (get the 3rd floor - much better views and have a little shared patio out back) and had a nice view.

The lanais are screened in with dark heavy screen which makes the OF view not as good as some of the other places I've stayed.

With as good as the beach is there, you will want to be ON it not looking at it!