Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Could someone tell me the difference in the partial ocean view and the ocean view guestroom at Halekulani on Oahu?

Could someone tell me the difference in the partial ocean view and the ocean view guestroom at Halekulani on Oahu?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Sheila

We have 3 nights to stay on Oahu before going to Kauai for a week at the end of April for next year. This is for our 25th anniversary. I want to stay in a really nice hotel on Waikiki and have been checking the website of the Halekulani. Can someone that has stayed there tell me if there is a big difference in the partial oceanview and the ocean view room? We want to sit on the lanai and have a great view. It is important that we are on the beach because our condo in Kauai is not directly on the beach. We don't plan to rent a car until we get to Kauai so if anyone has good suggestions for tour groups on Oahu, I would appreciate your personal experience. Thanks

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:05 AM
TA

You want an ocean view or better yet, ocean front if it is available. A partial ocean vew means you can usually only see a little of it from your balcony, and ocean view means you can see it from your room, but not all of it. ocean front is full-on ocean front view.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Lynn

You really answered your own question when you said, "We want to sit on the lanai and have a great view." As TA said, by all means go for it and get an ocean-front room; you won't regret it. Don't scrimp on your 25th anniversary--go for it! Have a great time, and happy anniversary!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Sheila

Thanks TA and Lynn. I think ocean front is what I am looking for.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:28 AM
xxx

If you want to be on the beach for the view, great. The Halekulani does not have the best beach for lounging (small or non-existent during high-tide). That being said, we can't wait to stay there in November. Our friends go every year and say the Halekulani could teach the Four Seasons about service. Also, the pool area is very nice and the HWAK bar is alot of fun. Have a great time.