The Sands--Ocean View or Ocean Front Room?

Jan 13th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Valerie

The Sands--Ocean View or Ocean Front Room?

Based on many of the comments on this board, my husband and I are contemplating going to The Sands in T&C in February. The room options are an ocean view studio, and ocean front studio or a 1 BR ocean view.

Through various package deals, the prices are relatively the same (within a few hundred dollars).

We're not really sure how different the ocean front and ocean view rooms are from each other. Is it worth the extra money for the ocean front studio? Or is it better to have the extra space of a 1 BR with just the ocean view?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 14th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Nancy

Hi Valerie,
We had a studio oceanview, and we were never in the room, so it did not make much sense to upgrade at $100+ per night.
The view was OK, but again, we never even made it onto the patio because we were ALWAYS on the beach.
Here's what I'd do -
If view is important - go with oceanfront.
If space is important - go with 1BR oceanview.
You'll love the Sands. Very nice property on the best stretch of beach on Provo.

Jan 14th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Karen

travelhop.com has a view of the resort, take a look! I don't know if they are specific to ocean front or ocean view, but it looks beautiful With a resort like that on a beautiful beach, I don't think it matters. Have a great trip!

Jan 14th, 2003, 09:59 AM
carm

Valerie, my husband and I reserved an Ocean Front studio and upgraded the day we got there. It was too closed in and the view was of a parking lot and then the ocean was beyond it. A bit disappointed ..but the Sands was awesome..you will LOVE IT!! We upgraded to an Ocean Front one bedroom deluxe and paid for it!! but loved it..

Jan 14th, 2003, 10:07 AM
carm

Valerie, my husband and I reserved an Ocean Front studio and upgraded the day we got there. It was too closed in and the view was of a parking lot and then the ocean was beyond it. A bit disappointed ..but the Sands was awesome..you will LOVE IT!! We upgraded to an Ocean Front one bedroom deluxe and paid for it!! but loved it..

Jan 16th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Valerie

Thanks for your responses. We had a change in plans and are now going to Cayman Islands.

But I am looking forward to going to the Sands at some point soon!

Jan 17th, 2003, 05:58 AM
denise

We went to Beaches 3 years ago over winter break. I thought the beach was nice for our 3 kids we could walk to a snorkeling area and our 4 and 6 year old had a ball. The rooms were comfortable and clean I did not enjoy any of the reasaurants and many people di dget sick after eating in the Japenese restaurant. I felt that all the buffets were not kept clean. We looked at the babysitting room for youg children and were glad we didn't have to use it. The 5 year old would enjou the camps. Also 2 of my kids got strep throat while we were there. And we flew home with alittle boy who had the flu the whole way hoome. I would not return to this resort. However I would love to go back to T&C.
Denise