Laguna Beach Romantic B&B????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Casa Laguna Inn on South Laguna Beach? Was it superb? I'm looking for a romantic getaway: clean,comfortable, cozy, quiet, romantic B&B. It has to be very special! Any other ideas? Also, where would you recommend us to go for a nice brunch by the beach? Has anyone been to Romeo Cucina Italiana for dinner?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:25 PM

I've stayed there. It was MAGNIFICENT. I cannot describe its benefits enough. The rooms are gorgeous (paying extra for one of the nice suites is definitely worth it, though I believe all of the rooms now have the jacuzzi tubs and such), the owners are beyond nice, you can borrow dvds from the hotel (as if there wasn't enough to do in southern california) and the view is gorgeous. This hotel is amazing. I remember eating at a good italian place nearby, though I'm not sure it was the same one. I hope you love your stay at the Casa Laguna--it's a wonderful hotel.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:27 PM

Sorry, I got post-happy. It's very quite in that hotel, as well as comfortable and everything else you mention as necessary. There are even a couple of quite romantic spots on the hotel grounds..I believe one is the bell tower or some such name. Just ask the owners; they'll be more than happy to let you know.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM

Stayed last May 2005 for anniversary. The ROOM MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE in this place. We had a room in the Friars quarters: small and ONLY a shower as is typical of the Friars rooms. Also Inn is on the hillside with very busy and noisey Highway 1 between you and the ocean. You do have ocean views which are nice...have to cross the highway at your own peril and jog quite aways 2-4 blocks down to the Ocean and of course jog up steep hill and cross noisey highway again. Not for teh out of shape...
Breakfast was very nice...pm snacks and wine fair.
Servcie... I ordered chocolate dipped strawberies and champagne to be in the room on arrival..was not there and came 2 hours later. Ruined the surprise. TV was not hooked up and had to call for help...2 hours later stil could not hook up to watch video. PArking is a challenge as you drive up a steep hill and park in very narrow area behind Friars rooms..more noise and fumes...pool nice.
Most popular Brunch is Las Brias and I would stay there having checked their rooms instead or Surf and Sand Hotel also on beach. Walk out back of the pool down a very nice ocean beach path...no highway between you and ocean..come and go as you like. Rooms much more sophisticated..but book fast..
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM

What about The Blue Lantern Inn in Dana Point?
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your advice! It was very helpful!

Ana