Reload this Page >

I need the perfect Inn

Search

I need the perfect Inn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Elaine

I need the perfect Inn

Three girlfriends and myself are planning a Charleston trip in April 2003. Have been researching the B & B's and Inn's and have succeeded in becoming thoroughly confused (especially after reading some posts at this site). Had thought about Zero Water Street B & B because it has a two bedroom suite but thought the location might not be great (we want to walk whenever possible) Then I found Meeting Street Suites but the two bdrm suites is MODERN. Have seen many good things about Meeting St Inn (or is it Two Meeting St. Inn?) Now I don't have a clue. We would enjoy sharing a suite but want the "feel" of Charleston and a good location. PLEASE HELP! Thanks for any info.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:09 PM
sharon

Returned from Charleston on Tuesday. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Historic District in the 300 block of Meeting street. Very nice, but a lot of walking to get places. It is right across the street from the visitors center so you can pick up a shuttle there if you can make the different route connections. Two Meeting Street Inn and the Meeting Suites are two different places. We were there for the House & Garden Tour and did tour Two Meeting Street Inn. It is down near the water and the Battery. If you can afford the price I would highly recomend it. Close to resturants, King St. (antiques), the City Market and all the wonderful houses. You can always jump on the trolley and get to the Visitor Center for tours and information.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 07:17 AM

Elaine, I would suggest the Doubletree Suites Hotel. It is in the center of the Market Place, shopping and restaurants. I live in S.C., and we use the hotel to host guests and meetings there all the time. (Once spotted Martin Sheen of West Wing in the elevator with me.)

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:24 AM
Denise

There are tons of great places to stay - you just have to decide if you want the old house experience or a hotel experience. The Vendue Inn and Kings Courtyard are great. My parents have stayed at Two Meeting Street - very romantic. I also like the Meeting Street Inn (right at the corner of Meeting and Market). I think they have rooms with multiple beds if you sll wanted a room together. There are many new /newer places to stay. Some B&Bs might not be good if you're partying at Wet Willies and don't come in until 2:00 am though.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:04 PM
kelly

go to bedandbreakfast.com their message board will let you talk to others for recommendations, plus the site lets you see the rooms

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Catherine

We just returned from Charleston last week. We stayed at the Barksdale House Inn. It is in the heart of the historic distric. WE walked everywhere...market, battery, king st(shops) aquarium/ft.sumter museum etc.. Definitely stay at a B and B, not a hotel. This town has so much class and character, and staying at an old B and B just adds to that experience. The rates were extremely reasonable, especially compared to some of the other B and B's--I believe we paid 90 dollars a night with private bath (and parking), and we had a beautiful room. My only complaint would be that the breakfast that they provide is rather sparse. Have a great trip!