Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Andrew Pinckney Inn or The Meeting Street Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm taking my mom on a trip to celebrate her 70th birthday. We will be in Charleston for 3 days. Would you recommend I choose Andrew Pinckney Inn or The Meeting Street Inn? Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:46 AM

I'm surprised nobody has replied. I don't think you can go wrong on either of these, but it looks to me as though the Andrew Pinckney Inn has a slightly better location. Also, it appears that some rooms at The Meeting Street Inn are located so that passersby can look into them unless curtains are drawn. Perhaps somebody else will chime in.

In any event, what a nice treat for your mother's big birthday.

HTTY
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your kind reply!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM

I have stayed in both and personally, I would give Meeting Street Inn a slight advantage. You really can't go wrong with either one, but I like the Meeting Street Inn's location better. because it is a little more central. Our rooms at both hotels were nice. My only complaint about the Andrew Pinckney was the the complimentary breakfast. All three mornings they were either out of food or out of dishes when we got to breakfast between 8 and 9. It may have been that the hotel was just crammed that week, but it was a little annoying to have to stand and wait 15 minutes for a bowl or silverware.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
They're three blocks apart. We stayed at the Andrew Pinckney and were very satisfied.

They never ran out of food or dishes but there is limited space on the patio. You either wait for somebody to leave or take the elevator down to a lobby and sit there. We always had a table.

I didn't check out the Meeting Street Inn.

Meeting street is quite busy with traffic (good and bad), Andrew Pinckney Inn is a short block down a fairly dark street.

Andrew Pinckney is a very short block from Hank's restaurant and a slightly longer (but short) walk to Fleet Landing restaurant.

Meeting Street Inn is slightly closer to "South of Broad".

Really, take the best deal.