COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Charleston inexpensive hotel/B&B

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Charleston inexpensive hotel/B&B

Looking to stay 1 or 2 nights at a safe, attractive, and inexpensive lodging; driving on a 10 day southern tour to experience southern culture, history, and hospitality!
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:16 PM

Try the Hampton Inn on Meeting Street.
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:42 AM

We stayed at the Days Inn just across the street and up a block from the Market Place. It is in an historic building and more economical than other hotels in the area. In fact, the man with whom we booked sightseeing at the Visitors Center complimented our choice and said he that is the hotel he always recommends.
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:47 AM
bonniebroad

I really like that Hampton Inn on Meeting Street. My sister just stayed there last week again, said it was as nice as ever. Carolyn, is that the first Day's Inn you've stayed in? It's good to hear something nice about a Day's Inn........ you don't usually! Maybe this one is the exception! Good to know, as they usually take pets.

Old May 29th, 2004, 09:09 AM

I have stayed in a couple of Days Inns before, and the one in Charleston is nicer. They don't offer breakfast, but who would eat it anyway with all the good food on offer close by? The man at the Visitors Center said that many people overlook it simply because it is a Days Inn. It is not a luxury accommodation, you understand, but quite nice and so conveniently located.
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:46 AM
bonniebroad

Carolyn, I looked up that Days Inn on the D.I. website. It doesn't mention that it allows pets, so I'm wondering if that location does. Sorry to say, as a pet-owner, but that may be why it's nicer. I love animals dearly, but they can stain & yuk up a room if everybody doesn't obey the rules. It is a 5-Sunburst property.........

Those of you who have stayed at Days Inn, and really disliked them....... did you check their Sunburst rating? I'm wondering if you can give any credence to those things.

Thank you for the info, Carolyn. I would not have thought of even trying Days Inn again because I've heard such gawd-awful things from friends about their stays in them! I stayed in one in Asheville a few years......... and it definitely "weren't pretty!"