careful where you stay in ocean city

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:23 PM
Linda L

careful where you stay in ocean city

hotels are so expensive in ocean city!!! and just because you paid alot don't think it has got to be nice...a nice hotel in ocean city in the summer is around$200 a night!!! we learned this lesson as we got a triple a rate last summer for the ramada limited on the beach and it was $180 a night and $150 during the week and I wouldn't have paid more than $40 a night!!!!!! it was so dirty and smelly and the chairs at the pool had grime on them and the place was gross!!!! there were nice hotels in the middle of dumpy hotels so check out hotels before you stay there...the boardwalk section was really nice but had to be noisy if you decided to go to bed early as people walk the boardwalk till late...you'll see what I mean when you get there..just wanted to warn anyone as I was really disappointed...

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Carol

Hi Linda, could you please tell me if your talking about Ocean City, Maryland or Ocean City, NJ. I love Maryland. Could you please clerify.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Boots

I'm betting Linda is referring to Ocean City, Maryland, because we have had the same experience there. You have to check hotels out pretty carefully as a number of them are older and have been allowed to get rundown. On the other hand, there are some nice ones too (the Princess Royale is where we usually stay)

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Louise

I can totally sympathize will your experience. We stayed at the Clarion Fontainebleau in OC, MD earlier this year and were so so diappointed in the service. My recommendation is for anyone traveling to OC in the future- DO NOT stay at the Clarion unless you want a real disappointment

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:31 AM
xxx

I was in Ocean City Maryland once 20 years ago. Seem to remember a million cheesy trinket shops. More so than other seaside resorts on the North East. Does not seem surprising that they also have rip off dumps. Is this the town with the asphalt boardwalk. Just have the memory of a million and one tourist items where some old man or fat women are bending overt tending a garden, pulling down their pants or complaining about kitchen time. You can totally attack me here it is just my memory and I am wondering why any of this should surprise you.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Just Me

You guys are good to tell us the bad places. That is appreciated, but I have been trying for 2 weeks to get someone to respond with some recommendations....???? Still have not received one. Having never been there, you just have to go by the brochures and we all know how that goes. I need to book a place real soon. Does anyone know of a good place to stay with small child? I would like to be close to or at the end of the boardwalk. I for sure want the ocean side of OC. Saw someone tonight talk about The Dunes Motel. I have also been looking at this one. Is it a good place to stay? Help??

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Nikki

I'm only replying cause you seemed to really want an answer. Others may know much more about hotels/motels there but I remember the Santa Maria on the ocean side as being fairly nice (someone could correct me) and I also remember the Princess Royale ? The Quality Inn is good and these are lower Ocean City. Some people don't care for OC others come back many time cause it is for families. Check MSN or Google for an Ocean City MD website and you'll get some decent rates. Of course good luck, but have a good time and please, get some Thrashers fries cause they're so good.....

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Just Me

Thanks Nikki, Yes, I really did want to know! It really is difficult to make good choices without any input. I really do apppreciate your response.

Old May 5th, 2002, 08:48 PM
xxx

Where are you getting the idea that there has been no input? Please put in a search for Ocean City, Maryland. You'll see that several people have discussed where to stay.