Reload this Page >

hyatt la jolla in san diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 09:33 AM
yahyah

I couldn't find many postings about experiences here. Any reviews are appreciated. We're thinking of booking here for a short weekend getaway. Will have a car with us, and enjoy walking around.
Thank you in advance.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:18 AM
xxx

It's not on the beach, or even on that side of the freeway. Nice enough place, but more in more of a commercial and apartment area of town. Not as much to walk to in the immediate area, but you'll have a car so it should be fine. That's assuming that you're getting a decent deal.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Bob

It's a great place, plus there is a good sushi restaurant right next door. Big outdoor pool, and the beach/bars etc. are only a 10 min. drive away.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 02:03 PM
x

it is a lovely hotel but unless i am mistaken it is right on the freeway. if you walk east of there it is all residential - about a mile down is a mall. very convenient to get around by car.
if you enjoy walking, you might want to try to get a place in the "village" part of la jolla so you can walk down by the ocean, by all the gallery shops, through neighborhoods with much nicer homes, etc.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 07:18 PM
janedoe

I live in a condo about a block from the Hyatt. The Hyatt is a nice hotel, but as other posters have pointed out, it is not on the beach. In fact, technically, it is not even in La Jolla because La Jolla begins west of the freeway and it sits on the freeway immediately east of it.

Unless you prefer residential areas with lots of condos and apartments, or unless you are getting a great deal on the hotel, I suggest staying in the village of La Jolla, down near the Cove. There are more restaurants and shops, you're walking distance from the beach, and you can do a lot of people watching. However, since you have a car, you can be in downtown La Jolla in about ten minutes, so being in this part of town is not a drawback. (If you enjoy walking around, please also consider going to the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego). For an excellent website on San Diego, please go to www.localwally.com. Number 8 gives you a tour of La Jolla. Hope you enjoy your trip!