Search

Heceta Head Lighthouse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 01:35 PM
R
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heceta Head Lighthouse

Has anyone ever stayed at this Bed & Breakfast? They actually have a 1-night option open for a weekend we'll be going by there...but only for a room w/o private bath. Can anyone give a report?

Rumors are it's 'haunted'. Could make for a nerve-wracking night, I suppose?! ;-) (but honestly, stayed at a Gold Country Hotel once that supposedly was haunted, & actually DID experience bizarre stuff that night!) Am I asking for a bunch of ghost stories here? Nah....

Please, anybody...is it worth staying at this place, or better to just tour the lighthouse & stay in nearby Florence or Yachats, where there are dining options, etc.? (They have a very strict cancellation policy at this place, so would like to hear that it's worth it.) Thanks! (I have a feeling I may *seriously* regret this posting!) ;-)
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 12:40 PM
R
Original Poster

Anybody? Nobody has stayed here? If not having stayed, have you visited the spot & recommend it highly? Thanks!
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:07 AM

Been to the lighthouse many, many times.
Very scenic lighthouse and nice walk from the parking lot. Remember the B&B is NOT in the lighthouse but in the keepers house which is NOT near the lighthouse...I doubt if you can see the lighthouse from the keepers house because of angles of coastline. I have always heard its haunted and personally that has kept me from wanting to stay there. Life can be upsetting enough without having more strangeness thrown into it IMO. Yachats is a nice town...we've stayed at many places there. Much nicer than Florence.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 07:58 AM

I have not stayed there. Although, it is on my list of places to stay when we visit the Oregon Coast. However, I was at a reception this past January and met a woman who stayed there last summer. She raved about her stay. I remember she said her room was very nice, the innkeepers were very friendly and the seven-course breakfast was fantastic. She didn't see any ghosts but said that another couple had experienced some strange happenings in their room during her stay. She highly recommended staying at this B&B. Of course, the views are to die for!
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 06:15 PM
R
Original Poster

Thank you both for your input! Will mull over some more. 'Fraid we might be 'that couple'...perhaps some people are more 'sensitive' to such stuff, who knows? NEVER was a believer until our strange stay at that other hotel...but, the location sure looks unbelievable & anniversary-'befitting'. Funny...one of our plans, has us there on our *actual* 10th anniversary day ...even a full moon, on that date! Just what we need, huh?! ;-)
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:09 PM

R, sorry we haven't stayed at the lighthouse but sounds like a great place. I was curious about the Gold Country Hotel that you mentioned. Where is it located?

My sister and I like to stay in supposedly "haunted" hotels. We have a blast. We have stayed at the Myrtles in Louisiana, the Lemp Mansion in Missouri, and the Seelbach Hotel in Kentucky.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:58 PM

If you decide to stay at the Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast, please post a report when you return. Will be anxious to hear how you liked it. Also, would like to hear how you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Have a wonderful time!
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:12 AM
R
Original Poster

To Anna: Sorry for this late reply, but you requested the name of the hotel in the Gold Country. Was going to try to link you to info, but perhaps if you just do a search on it...and also on it & ghosts. ;-)
It's the Groveland Hotel, outside of Yosemite Park. A beautifully renovated place! Best spot in that area, outside of the Park, to stay. Very nicely done & drawing rave reviews. However, we 'stumbled upon' it ...needed a place to stay, last minute...not having read any advance 'stuff' on it & ended up being told ghost stories as we checked in. Led to a night w/some rather bizarre occurrences. So, ever since...well, let's just say, I'm not so sure anymore...
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:16 AM
R
Original Poster

We *will* be staying at the lighthouse..and yes, it will be on our actual anniversary w/that full moon & all. (If it's not raining!) Hoping for a *very* quiet night & no strange happenings! ;-) Since requested...will definitely report back here, on how it all goes. Wish us luck! (just kidding...I think?)