Search

B&B in Sligo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&B in Sligo

Does anyone have recommendations on B&Bs in Sligo and/or places to eat? Expect to be there Sept. 5.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 01:48 PM

We stayed at Carbury House in Sligo. It's a newer purpose-built with huge comfortable rooms and baths, and homemade jam with breakfast. Peter and Martha Davey were lovely hosts. They are about 3 km from Sligo on the Donegal road.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:28 PM

Carbury House is very nice but it is for sale. You should check in advance to be sure it is still operating as a B&B and has not been sold yet.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Jabo, If you need a wonderful place to stay, may I suggest my most favorite B&B from our whole trip. It was just north of Sligo in the village of Drumcliffe. Mountain View...all rooms are lovely En Suite with T.V. & hair dryer... Martina Murphy was so helpful in giving us our choice of rooms which would be best suited for my husband to do his ham radio operation from. She had the most wonderful breakfasts. The beautiful sun room next to the living room is always open for you to sit and enjoy and make a cup of tea while watching the clouds come over Benbulben Moutain. We saw two of the most beautiful full rainbows ever while there. The day we were leaving, one of their cows had a calf and we were invited to see it when it was only 30 minutes old. They were so kind to us I hated to leave!!!!! We enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra day and relaxed. It is near Yeats's Grave, Lissadel House, Glencar Waterfall, golfing, Pubs etc. Tel/Fax:071-9163290 Great place to stay!!!! It is close enough to do a day trip to Northern Ireland, Enniskillen and go up the west coast of Lough Erne to the village of Belleek. (Don't miss the Belleek Pottery Tour and visitor center)
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Jabo, I found the email address for Mountain View if you are interested.
[email protected]