Daly's House in Doolin, Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever stay here or hear anything about it? It appears to be a nice, modest little place. If not want other place besides Sea View House (full) can you recommend?
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:20 PM

We've stayed at Daly's and would do so again. It's not luxurious, but clean and comfortable with good breakfasts. It's also within walking distance of O'Connor's Pub. Susan Daly, the owner, is very knowledgable about the area and makes you feel very welcome and at home.
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Mary. The adjectives you used, that is exactly how I envisioned it. Good to hear about the clean part to. That ranks pretty high on my list.

The website has no pictures of the bedrooms, and since being spoiled by the internet, I don't usually stay at a place unless I can see a picture of the guest rooms.

Could you tell me if the bedrooms were very cramped? Were they fairly tastefully appointed. The rest of the house seems to be so I would guess that they are. Also, this is secondary, but I noticed that the breakfast room has a nice view and I was wondering if the room you stayed in had one.

I'm also considering Harbour View B&B.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 04:03 AM

Cheriann,

Our room at Daly's was actually a pretty good size, although the bathroom was tiny. The furnishings were simple, but serviceable. In our room, we had a couple of beds, a couple of dressers, and a small TV. The tea/coffee making things were in the hallway. I think more decorating energy has gone into the guest lounge and the dining areas.

The rooms at the back of the house have a wonderful view, as does the breakfast room you saw pictured. (There are actually two breakfast rooms. The other one is lovely, but without the view.)

I'll put in another plug for Susan Daly. Anything the house lacks in luxury, she more than makes up for in her warmth and her welcome. She takes time with her guests and seems genuinely interested in them. She's a real plus!
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

I booked it.
Thanks Mary.