Harrisburg/Lancaster/Ephrata -restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister is new to this area and her birthday is coming up. We might want to send them a gift certificate or at least arrange for a bottle of nice wine. They've been to Doneckers in Ephrata. Does anyone have any nice restaurant recommendations? Have heard of the following through chowhound and tripadvisor:
Char's Bella Mundo, Brian Kent's, Tavern on the Hill and Stocks on 2nd.
thanks for your help
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM

I can help with Lancaster. The Log Cabin is the best followed by a tie between Haydn Zug's and the Old Greenfield Inn.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 06:30 PM

ttt
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 01:35 AM

The Circular Dining Room at the Hotel Hershey consistently gets rave reviews. Go to http://www.hersheypa.com/dining/ .
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 03:47 AM

The Accomac Inn on the bank of the Susquehanna River in York County... I believe a French chef, very good but quite pricey. We have been there 2X in my life!
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 05:05 AM

Did they like Doneckers? Ive been there a few times, I never found it all that appealing, but it IS Ephrata...not the most upscale area. If they are nearby Ephrata tho, Lillys on Main is superb. Superior to Doneckers in my opinion. In Lancaster County, I would suggest the Belvedere. (www.belvedereinpa.com). Excellent menu, incredible decor. Bubes Brewery, and the Catacombs, in Mount Joy- dont know if they may enjoy the "feast", but on Sunday nights, they have a Medeival feast in the Catacombs (which is 43 feet below street level, and just a super experience!)(www.bubesbrewery.com), also consider Alois there, all three places in one historic mansion, Alois is really top notch. I dont agree with previous post about Haydn Zugs, which was a really nice place at one time, but by many locals is considered to have gone "downhill" in recent years. Im a real foodie, married to another foodie, and veteran of the restaurant biz-when we go out, we EXPECT the total package-service and ambiance in addition to quality meals. We cook great food at home, so I only recommend EXCELLENT places to dine, esp for gifts and special occasions!
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 04:18 PM

I live in Harrisburg and my husband and I like to eat out as often as possible. If they enjoy seafood meals then I recommend Pesce which is on Eisenhour Blvd. It is right off the turnpike. Pesce specializes in unique fish dishes. Another recommendation is Sasha's hideaway. Sasha's is on Linglestown Road which is off of Rt 81. Sasha' Hideaway also has excellent fish dishes especially Caribbean style. Tavern on the Hill was mentioned by someone else and it is a fancier restaurant then the above two but the food is not as unique. If they like Italian food then Gabriella's is an option.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:14 AM

Try Alfred's Victorian in Middletown - it's situated in a old victorian house. The food is great!