Going to see the Red Sox play the Phillies

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I (along with 5 year old twin boys) are planning to go to Philadelphia on May 19-21. In addition to the normal tourist "stuff", we're planning to see the Red Sox-Phillies play. Tickets go on sale Feb. 22nd. Does anyone have any tips on choosing seats at Citizens Park? We're thinking about either the outfield section ($25 per ticket) or the Arcade or Pavilion sections ($27 per ticket).
We're also in the process of doing research for hotels so I'll probably be back to ask some of you Philly experts for some advice.
Thank you in advance!
Kenm
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 02:38 PM

While I have no idea what demand is for Phillies tickets, Red Sox fans monitor other teams' ticket sales dates like vultures and pounce in and buy tickets as soon as available - since home game Red Sox tickets are so difficult to get and expensive. This is especially true for locations driveable from Boston. So I would advise buying as soon as they go on sale.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

I'm definitely going to try to obtain tickets first thing in the morning on the 22nd (I called the phillies box office and they said tickets are on sale at 7:30 am).
It's true that alot of Sox fans are going to be in Phil. for the 3 game series. The hotels that I've been inquiring about have no rooms available for that weekend.
Who knows...I may have a better chance of winning powerball tonight than I will getting the tickets on wednesday.
As far as the seating selection, I may have to settle for the best available seats.
kenm
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 07:35 AM

All of the seats at CBB are pretty good. They are angled so that all of them face home plate. It's also a reasonably small ballpark, so that helps as well.

I'd go for best available and you should be in good shape.

Go Phils!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

I finally got through this morning at about 8:30. I got tickets in section 422. The seats are a little higher up than I wanted,..but at least we've got them.
As far as our accomodations...I made reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown, which got pretty good reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Philadelphia here we come!
Kenm
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:30 AM

Hmmm, 5 year old boys, sounds like you should also make a trip to Dave & Busters. I would also suggest the Franklin Institute and the Academy of Natural Sciences. That should keep them occupied. After you go to the ball game, go to Tony Luke's right around the corner from the stadium at Front & Oregon and get roast pork sandwiches with provolone and broccoli rabe and some Philly cheesesteaks.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM

You can also buy Tony Lukes amazing sandwiches right at the Ball Park - definitely worth waiting in line for. As a Red Sox fan myself, I am always delighted to go to CBP for the Tony Lukes and for the great beer selection (look for Hop Devil by Victory Brewing) - way better than Fenway in that regard.