Gershwin Theatre - Wicked

Old Oct 4th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gershwin Theatre - Wicked

Those of you that have seen Wicked the Musical, I was wondering if you could help me out. The only seats I can get for the performance we can go to (Feb. 11, 2005) is left of center, Row D...which doesn't sound bad until I realized the seats are the last seats in the row (13-15). I am concerned we would have limited view. Anyone know how bad these seats would be? I already called Ticketmaster direct and those are considered the best available seats for that day. There are some center seats available, but are in like row Y or something. There are also so some Front Mezza seats available in Row D. Thanks.
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM

According to the seating chart I looked at (anybody know why Playbill doesn't have a seating chart for the Gershwin?) there are four more seats beyond those in Row D, so they aren't all that bad. My chart shows seats up to D-23.

I'd definitely take the Row D of mezzanine over Row Y of orchestra as that's essentially above about Row Q, about 8 rows closer to the stage.

I'd probably take those in row D, as I prefer being closer rather than worry about center. We sat in maybe row F or G, the 4th and 5th seats in from the aisle in a side section and they were great!
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 05:24 PM

They sound very similar to seats my husband and I had. They were labeled as "obstructed view", but we could see everything except some of what happened at the very back of the stage. They should be great, and if they are full price ($100) then they are not obstructed. Go for it. The show is phenomenol!!
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM

My opinion only but the mez seats are too far back in this theater. It is huge and for me the faces of the actors is a must. I have seen several shows here.
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 05:32 PM

Budget Queen, I agree with you, but if you looked at the alternatives, obviously I think you too would take those mezzanine seats over the other option in row Y. Those are even further back by about 8 rows, so you'd see the faces of the actors even less from there!
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 05:43 PM

You can get the seating chart for Wicked at www.wickedthemusical.com
Patrick is correct, there are 4 seats still to go on the further aisle. These should be fine. Take what you can get. This is a tough show to get good seats for. A set on ebay just went for $365. Ouch.