Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

For $179 a night, is there anything better than the Holiday Inn Express in OC, Md July 7-10? We really wanted Rehobeth but too much $'s...

Search

For $179 a night, is there anything better than the Holiday Inn Express in OC, Md July 7-10? We really wanted Rehobeth but too much $'s...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello folks. We want to go on a 3 night beach trip this summer (July 7-10)and thought we'd stay at a nice hotel in Rehobeth for under $190 a night. We couldn't find anything that nice! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at 126th St last year in Ocean City, MD and it was pretty decent, but we were hoping for a different experience IN Rehobeth near the main strip that was as nice. We have the Holiday Inn on hold in case we can't come up with anything as nice in Rehobeth for similar money. I think we're stumped at this point to come up with a place...

We looked into the Bellmoor, pretty much the nicest place in Rehobeth,
http://www.selectregistry.com/inns/q...breakfast.aspx
but it's about $280+ a night this time of year. The Boardwalk Plaza hotel is also well over $200. So are the nice hotels in Lewes we'd love to stay at like the Inn at Canal Square.

Are we missing a place near the boardwalk in Rehobeth? There are some places that are under $190 a night, but they're not that nice... certainly no where near as nice as that Holiday Inn, Ocean City. Or, is there?

Thanks in advance,
Steve R
Silver Spring, MD.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 02:13 AM

Steve:

You may want to try Lewes, DE accommodations or to stay on Route 1 around the Rehoboth Outlets, I know there is an Econolodge around there. Its a nice area. The only good thing about staying nearer to Rehoboth Beach is the parking (go early if you aren't within walking distance to get an excellent parking space - 7:30 am).
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 05:25 AM
dcespedes

Have you tried The Admiral Hotel in Rehoboth Beach? My sister and her family stay there every year. Last year I travelled with the family to Rehoboth and stayed across the street from The Admiral at The Atlantic Sands.

For more information check out....

http://www.admiralrehoboth.com/

http://www.atlanticsandshotel.com/

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks dcescapes - I hadn't considered the Admiral Hotel simply based on it's looks from the outside (dreary looking, older "m"otel) so I looked it up on Trip Advisor and found this:

"I would not stay here again. Although the staff was very pleasant, everything else abourt our stay was not. The room is like a bunker, with windows that don't open. If you got soundproofing, great, but this was not the case. Lots of noise from the street outside. The carpet in our room was filthy. It was disgusting to walk on. We were charged a higher rate for what we were told would be a larger room. We traveled with someone else who paid less. Their room was the same size. Close to the boardwalk, but not worth the $140 price."

This is worrisome to me, as we're sensitive to loud noises.

So, on to the next pic: Atlantic Sands Hotel. The first couple of reviews go like this:

"Rehoboth Beach: Atlantic Sands Hotel & Suites: "a tent would have been better....."
August 29, 2004: A TripAdvisor Member, Berlin, NJ Compare prices with:

This 40 year old property should probably be razed for more off-street parking. Arrived to a tedious check in on a Friday afternoon, to pay approximately $260.00 for a "limited view" two bed room. Room was spartan, bathroom had no storage space; ice machines/soda was a work worthy of an Olympian. Housekeeping serviced the room by making the bed---that's it...Climate control in the room was an undersized electric unit, never cooled the room down until Sunday morning when I checked out...and luckily the bed was right next to the unit....this technology went out with the Flintstones. Seafood buffet at the in-house restaurant was not fresh, and service was mediocre at best. Parking (one car per room) is available, and was the best thing about the hotel. Pool was nice, but small and unsupervised, meaning that everyone's rowdy 12 year old was there as well....Location was good, but this property needs to reinvent itself. "

So I guess we're back to square one. And thanks, Stephanie. We did stay at a Sleep Inn before on Route 1, but the Holiday Inn in OC is much nicer, so, for the money, we'd rather just stay in OC unless we can get a similiar deal in the actual town of Rehobeth and not the highway outside of town. I'm guessing not... (

Steve R
Maryland

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Here is a link fora great B&B in Lewis. I think it is called the blue house. It is only a couple blocks from the beach and has a great breakfast. www.lewes-beach.com
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM

You will need to make some compromises to stay anywhere in or around Rehoboth for $190 or less. As you are finding out the supply of rentals during summer is low compared to the demand. Plus the longer you wait for weekend reservations the more of a chance you have of not getting what you want when you want.
Staying outside Rehoboth means you would probably be traveling RT 1 which is a transit nightmare, especially on weekends. As stated prior, parking is very limited in town which is why I like staying as close to everything as possible and walking. But again you get what you pay for. There are no cheap seats in Rehoboth.
Lotsa Luck
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:15 AM
adoptionisfab

Have you looked into renting an apartment for the week? Could it possibly be cheaper than a hotel for 3 days?

Old May 20th, 2005, 03:15 AM
adoptionisfab

Have you tried priceline for it?

Old May 25th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Hi,
I'm booked at the Bellmoor for the first week in June. We did it on Priceline.com and got a King garden view room for $150.00 a night. Try it, you may still find a few deals, there. Good luck
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:22 AM

Have you looked at Bethany beach>? It's located between Rehobeth and OC> There is a great Holiday Inn Express (I think that's it) and about the only hotel in the area. The beach is quiet - we go to Rehobeth for the nights and then back to Bethany for the quiet days on the beach. We've always stayed at a condo - the Sea Colony- very expensive, but we know of someone who owns there and we're able to get in at a good rate. Enjoy!