Family Hotel in D.C.

Search

Family Hotel in D.C.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Hotel in D.C.

We have booked the Embassy Suites in the Georgetown area for the weekend after Thanksgiving. We have 6 and 7 year old boys who will be very excited to see the museums. We were hoping for a quick walk to the Metro stations as well as a nice indoor pool. I may have not made the best decision. Price is not as important as location / amenities. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Lucy
Old Oct 25th, 2003, 08:40 PM

The Watergate is probably just what you're looking for , from $119 on quikbook.com
Not sure what the rates are booking directly with the hotel.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Lucy,

Why are you doubting the Embassy Suites? It's very popular with families on this board. The Watergate is a great hotel but I think the ES has some advantages for you: it's a suites hotel (and I doubt the suites at the Watergate are going for $119/night), close proximity to two metro stops (Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom), and closer proximity to Dupont Circle which has some fantastic dining options. Both hotels will have easy access to the Smithsonian museums via the metro.

There are plenty of nice hotels in DC which will meet your needs. This is a very useful link that someone here has recommended before:

http://www.stationmasters.com/System...ystem_map.html

Click on the metro station you're interested in being close to and you'll see the hotels and sights closest to that stop.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:27 AM

obxgirl,
I live in the DC area and never knew of the Stationmasters website. What an excellent tool! Thanks so much. Threeheaerts
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:37 AM

Happy to share, threehearts, but the real credit goes to someone else on this board and I am sorry I can't remember who!
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:52 AM

The Embassy Suites hotels in Alexandria and Chevy Chase are very handy to Metro stations -- the former is across the street and the latter is literally on top of one (makes it handy even though it's farther from the city center). Where is the G'town ES in relation to the Metro?

When we stayed at the ES in CC, it was wonderful to come home, get off the Metro, and literally just take escalators to get back into the hotel. Not sure about their pool, though, but it was very handy to be attached to a mall with restaurants, etc.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 05:12 AM
LN

Hi OBXgirl

Thanks for bringing it to our atention. It's a pretty good site and really useful (especially to we DC'ers)
LN
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 05:18 AM

Anonymous, The ES Gtown is 3-4 blocks from the Dupont Circle stop. Foggy Bottom is a little farther.

I agree with you that the ES in Alexandria and CC are good choices and on top of metro stations with easy rides to downtown DC. I have recommended the Alex ES before and taken a bit of flack for overrating Old Town. I lived there for years and probably am biased.