where to stay in Washington DC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can anyone tell me where the bset place to stay in the DC area is. I will probably need 2 rooms unless I can get a suite. I have 2 teenage boys. I would like to be close to everything or at least a cab ride away. I prefer not renting a car.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 06:03 AM

Although I cannot recommend an exact hotel, I do suggest staying close to the capital. It may be a bit pricier but that way you will have the Metro at your disposal. The Metro is the best way to get around in DC. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:13 AM

The "best place to stay" depends on your price range, when you're going and what you're planning to do. I agree with SC that the Metro hits most of the major sights so you probably want to look for a hotel close to one of the stations.

Start with the suite chains like Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc. They usually have a sleeper in the living room and a bed.

Residence Inn has 2-BR suites at most of their locations that also have kitchen facilities. You could buy your own snacks, juice and soft drinks to help your budget. Many of them also offer breakfast as part of your room.

If you post a few more details, I'm sure someone can recommend areas that will suit your needs.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM

We were in DC in June with our two teenage boys and we stayed at the Embassy Suites on 22nd Street. It was just a few blocks to the Foggy Bottom Metro. We really liked the location of the hotel because at night we could walk to Dupont Circle or Georgetown for dinner. There are so many restaurants and there is so much going on in both places that you won't run out of options. You won't need a car.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM

Even though you said Washington DC, there are a lot of nice hotels in Alexandria, VA., sometimes a bit cheaper. An area called Old Town is very nice and also near a Metro stop. That's the key is to make sure you are near a metro stop regardless where you stay. It would also be helpful to stay in area where something is going on, oppose to a residential area.