EDGEWATER BEACH HOTEL

Old May 25th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDGEWATER BEACH HOTEL

Does anyone know anything about the Edgewater Beach hotel in Dennisport? I know it is being redone-is it nice? Is the beach nice-i think i read somewhere about it having seaweed. I believe it is on the Nantucket sound.
I was also looking at the Ocean Club on Smugglers Beach. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two?
With so much conflicting information on the internet it is difficult to make arrangements.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:28 AM

The Edgewater is very nice, but I have never stayed at the Ocean Club. I seem to remember that the Ocean Club is suites. I don't know the difference in price but if Ocean Club is the same price or money does not matter than I would probably opt for the Ocean Club if they are all suites.
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. Actually the Edgewater Beach hotel has suites as well. What did you think of the Edgewater beach and facilities?
Again i appreciate your help.
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:20 AM
jd

Unless the Edgewater has been renovated, Ocean Club would be the better property in my opinion.We walked around the Edgewater property,and thought it was very run down.Pictures on the internet look a lot better than it actually is. The Ocean Club seems to be kept up better, and I would not hesitate to stay there. I have not seen the rooms in either property, although we have friends who stay at Ocean Club and love it.The beach at both places is comparable-both warmer, calm water. Last time I was at Smugglers Beach there was some seaweed, but not a lot.Not sure about the seaweed in Dennisport.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. They say the rooms have all been renovated at the Edgewater as of last year and this year. Can i ask, when did you see it? Was the property run down as well as the rooms? Smugglers Beach is actually less expensive, but everything i've read about it says that it is very small for a family. Also, the Edgewater Beach Hotel has kitchens and Smugglers does not. However, if the Edgewater is not in good shape then i may not want to go there.
So confusing. Has anyone seen the Edgewater Beach hotel in Dennisport since its been renovated?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:50 AM
jd

It has been at least 2 yrs., maybe 3 since I have seen the Edgewater. At that time, the outside was in desperate need of a facelift-peeling paint, sagging decks,dirty looking,ect. If a renovation has been done,it may be fine.