Search

Regal Beach Club Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Just Me

Regal Beach Club Beach

Does anyone know what shape the beach is in at the Regal Beach Club since the hurricane last year? I heard that some of the more southern places on SMB lost a lot of the beach in that storm. The place looks nice, but I'd really like a nice beachfront area.<BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Just Me

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Anon

Has anyone been to Regal Beach Club? More importantly how is the beach in that area? Heard about Marriot and under impression it's right next door. Do Marriot guests use RBC's pools/chairs/etc...? Can RBClub guests use Marriot for water sports? Thanks.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:40 PM
Beth

If you want a great beach, stay at the Westin, The Coralstone Club , or The Avalon. The beach is more narrow around the Marriott area, and it is not as pretty. The Coralstone and the Avalon are condos with maid service, air conditioning and they are both near the Westin,and The Coralstone is also close to the Hyatt. You get a great set up. All the rooms are ocean front with a small pool in front.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:58 AM
JustMe

Thanks for the info. A nice beach is important to us, so we'll keep looking...I would hate to get all the way there and then wind up with a place that has no beach area, even though the web site clearly shows a nice beach front.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:18 PM
Nan

I'd go with a condo if I was you. You can get a great beach for less than the Westin - the Westin has problems with letting guests use the pool if they have groups booked - not fun when you are there for a limited number of days. Check out caymanvacations.com

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Neil

The beach at Regal Beach is now tiny and rocky, but you can walk a few hundred feet north along 7 Mile Beach and enjoy there. The south part of 7MB took a pounding. If you have surf shoes, wear them. Also, Regal Beach Club is very nice, but has tiny ants.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Ants

Any reports of tiny ants (or any other bugs) at Aqua Bay Club? We are going in December...<BR><BR>