Search

Coral beach Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coral beach Club

Does anyone have any info on the Coral Beach Club? I;ve checked out the website, but I'd be interested in info on the 3bed cottages. I understand it is a private club of some sort? Are there ways to stay there without a membership?

TIA
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 01:37 AM

I believe you have to be recommended by a member.

You can stay at the Waterloo House in Hamilton and use the facilities at Coral Beach Club. I believe they provide a shuttle service.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:08 AM

I THINK you need to be a member, or recommended by a member, to stay at the Coral BEach Club. I know this because I have stayed at Horizons and Cottages a few times, which has use of the facilities. Waterloo house, Horiaon's suister property in Hamilton, also has CLub privilieges.

As such, I've only seen the public rooms and the ladies' locker room for changing, as well as the beach. I enjoy going there, but I think of the facilities as freshen-up-shabby-chic, i.e. this is NOT the gold-plated glitz place, but reminds me of the old-money beach clubs in New England. The ladies' locker room is the painted wood variety, but quite decent, and the public rooms have a traditional decor, look like living rooms, etc.

The beach is nice, and is one on the famous south shore beaches with lovely pink sand. Beach lounges, umbrellas, towels, etc. are provided at the Club. The CBC beach adjoins the Elbow Beach, which is public and is the beachfront of the large Elbow Beach Hotel. This means you can go for a walk on the beach, but it is not a sheltered cove -- the ocean can be calm (usually my experience in August) or kick up a bit if a storm is coming.

There are dining privileges between CBC, Horizons, and Waterloo, although we've only done lunch (on a terrace, overlooking the ocean.)

'Hope that helps.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:13 AM

'PArdon me -- going too fast this morning, trying to get out the door.

We've only had lunch at the Coral Beach Club -- good, but the kitchens at Horizons and Waterloo are excellent, and we prefer to dine at those places.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all!!
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 01:50 AM

On Thursday nights Coral Beach has a seafood buffet and if the weather if nice, you get to dine under the stars with live music.