Search

Deerfield Inn

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deerfield Inn

Any recent stays at the Deerfield Inn (Deerfield MA)? It seems to get good reviews at Tripadvisor,but I'm curious if any Fodorites have been there.

Is Deerfield too hopelessly dull as base to spend a long winter weekend? I just want to hang out and look at some snow, have a few decent meals. The historic houses sound interesting, and it's within striking distance of Northampton MA, Brattleboro VT.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

topping
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Hi Janie,

I've never stayed there but the restaurant is pretty good (typical New England Inn.) It's also near the big Yankee Candle flagship store which is worth a look if you've never been. I think for a weekend you'll find plenty to do.

Bring you hat, scarf and mittens--it's been cold here!

Patti
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Why not actually stay in Northampton or Brattleboro instead? I've lived in both of those towns. They are wonderful places!! And yes Deerfield is a tad dull (no offense) but probably OK if you don't mind driving around a bit to see other stuff.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Brattleboro is my kind of town and if I can find an interesting place nearby to stay, that might work. I love walking around Northampton but also haven't found a good place to stay there. Deerfield came up because the rates at the inn are OK, and I wanted to actually stay somewhere outside a "city". I want to walk in some cleanish snow!
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I lived in Brattleboro for seven years a long time ago. LOVE that town! But I understand now that you want to stay outside a city, so Deerfield (with a car) might be just the ticket for you.