Search

Comfort Inn Midtown

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:33 AM
cabbnfever

Comfort Inn Midtown

I'm going to New York for the first time in July. I've been surfing the web looking for affordable places to stay. I found a room at the Comfort Inn Midtown on 46th for $99/night.

Is this place a pit? Should I take my business elsewhere? It's difficult to tell and have not found any opinions regarding this particular place.

I'm trying not to blow my budget on accomodations. I'm staying in New York for 8 days and would like a decent nights sleep. I'm going to spend most of my time touring the city not in the hotel.

I've been asking co-workers and searching the web to see if there are hotels, apartments or vacation rentals that have weekly rates...but came up with nothing.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:29 AM
me

You mayu cosider trying priceline.com. many peoiple have gotten nice 4* hotels, better located for the same price. check out biddingfortravel.com for more information. I used priceline once in manhattan for some visitors (i live here). we bid on midtown south and got a suite at the avalon hotel and it even included breakfast. i'm not familiar with the Comfort Inn Midtown.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Suzy

I'm curious about this hotel, too, as I'm booked for four days in mid-July. I have Fri & Sat at $98.10 and two weeknights at $89.10 (AAA member rate), including continental breakfast. It's on 46th at 6th, which is a fine location for me. I chose it over Priceline because the entire hotel is nonsmoking.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Anthony

Suzy:
I'm looking at the website for the Comfort Inn Manhattan; where does it say that the entire hotel is non-smoking? If it doesn't say that on the website,how can they enforce this policy?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Suzy

The nonsmoking one is Comfort Inn MIDTOWN, not Comfort Inn Manhattan. I don't recall what the site says, but if you try to book a room online, and request a smoking room, only nonsmoking rooms come up.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Jim

Herer's a bit about hte Comfort Inn Midtown, though no mention of nonsmoking, form an article in USAToday:

" . . . budget hotel chains have moved into Midtown with pleasing results. Among less-expensive hotels targeting business travelers are five Midtown properties owned by Apple Core Hotels. Apple Core buys century-old, dilapidated buildings, renovates them and operates them in collaboration with the Red Roof, Comfort Inn, Quality and Best Western chains.

They are not what you might expect. The Comfort Inn Midtown, for example, lies in the heart of the Theater District, west of Sixth Avenue on 46th Street, Restaurant Row. Rooms and baths are fresh, colorful and relatively large by New York standards. There's a TV, desk with data port, electronic locks, coffeemaker, hairdryer and alarm clock. A small fitness center with a few pieces of equipment is downstairs. Continental breakfast, served in a room off the narrow marble lobby, is basic but free.

A single room on a weeknight right now runs $209 - $188 after a 10% AAA discount. That's about half what many Midtown hotels charge.

"We went after this customer segment because it endures in good times and bad times," says Vijay Dandapani, Apple Core's chief operating officer. "Maybe the flair is missing. But we offer all the essential ingredients guests would find in boutique hotels. When people walk into the Red Roof Inn for the first time, there's a look of disbelief."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/travel/...000/ltl638.htm

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:44 PM
xxx

I would suggest checking Priceline. I stayed at the Paramount for $100 a night a few weeks ago and read a message from someone else who paid $65 at a different time of the year.

You may also want to check Hotwire.

Have a great trip!