Search

Choice of DC hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choice of DC hotels

Hi all, it seems there are lots of great advice on this forum and I am looking for some help.

We are traveling to DC in June and want to book a 1 BR suite. Our choices are One Washington Hotel, Embassy Square-Summerfield Suites or Doubletree Guest Suites. We are looking for good service, nice pool and convenience to the metro. I would appreciate any input on any or all of these hotels.

Also, does anyone have a website address for St. James Suites? I have seen some mentions of this place but can not find it on the web.

Last question, would a weekly metro pass be worth it? We plan on doing all the touristy things.

Thanks Everyone!
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:07 PM

I've always been a fan of the Embassy Square-Summerfield suites, but am not familiar with the other hotels (I live here, so no need to stay in hotels).
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:14 PM

St. James was bought by GW University and are now dorms.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:28 PM

If the Embassy Suites are the ones on Pennsylvania Ave around 25th, I've had business colleagues stay there and they are nice. The others seem good enough but I haven't been in them. I think they are all fairly convenient to the Foggy Bottom metro, not much difference there.

As for metro pass, I live here also so don't buy one myself as I don't use metro for work, but if you are here a week, I think it would be a good deal and pay for itself as metro is fairly expensive. I think it's about $25 for unlimited weekly use, right? If so, I'd get it for a week's stay.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 06:21 PM

I just stayed at the Summerfield. It was very roomy and I would stay there again. I did not see the pool (it was snowing) but it is outside. I shopped at Whole Foods a mile or so down the street and cooked in the fully equipped kitchen. The property is located near some lovely homes and my room had a sliding door that opened to the street.
It would have been wonderful if it were warmer. Service was fine but sort of hands off. The cleaning ladies were sweethearts... older women who worked much harder than I would want my mom/grandmother at that age. Please tip them...
Stay there, it's a great deal!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:53 AM

Summerfield suites is the best hotel location of your choices. Also, it's definately worth it to get a weekly Metro pass!