Suburban Hotels and the Metro

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I am planning a long weekend visit to DC in a couple of weeks and will be looking for "3-star" hotels in the Arlington and Crystal City areas. My question: Are all of these hotels within walking distance to a Metro stop. If not, which ones should be avoided? I am afraid if I use Priceline I might get one that isn't.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Go to biddingfortravel.com and look up all the reported 3*s in the zones you want. Find all the addresses from each hotel's website and use a mapping website to find out how far they are from metro stops. The hotels' websites also have transportation info like distance from metro and availability of shuttles.

Also, next time, put Washington, DC in your title; and I don't consider Arlington or Crystal City to be "suburban". They are just districts inside the Washington area - the suburbs are much further out.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Both areas are served by the Metro, but some hotels are fartehr from the actual Metro stops than they'd like you to think. The Embassy suites in Crystal City, for instance, is far enough to justify running a shuttle.

The best place for sizing up this aspect of a neighborhood in DC is stationmasters.com. Look for the link for the hotels list and maps.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:08 AM

There's a Hilton Garden Inn that's often recommended so I'd check the rates there, also check in Rosslyn.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:40 AM

Keep in mind the construction that (I think) is still going on with the yellow line weekends. Lots of delays of both it and the blue line too, I think.

I'm sure current info will be at www.wmata.com or some locals will update us here.