map with yellow line metro and hotels

Aug 19th, 2002, 05:04 PM
SusieQ

map with yellow line metro and hotels

Is there a travel book or website that shows the hotels that are within 2 blocks of the metro stops, especially the yellow line? Thanks

Aug 19th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Mike

Most travel guides tell you what Metro stops are close by. The yellow is not the best line if you want to stay in DC. It is going to run through L'Enfant Plaza and Chinatown. There are a couple of hotels near L'Enfant (a Leowes and a Holiday Inn, I think) and not much near Chinatown, although you are withing walking distance of some of the hotels in Metro Center (a Hyatt, a Hilton).

The Yellow in Virginia (which is only a few stops from the city) is going to include Pentagon City, Crystal City and National Airport, as well as Alexandria. There are tons of hotels in all of those areas and all are quite close to a Metro

Aug 19th, 2002, 07:36 PM
jmh

Have you tried the Washington Metro web site?

- View the system map at the link below
- Click on a station
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Neighborhood street map from StationMasters Online"
- Click on the yellow button on the left that says "Hotels, Shops and Services near This Metro Station"

Unfortunately, this last part is not very accurate, but it will give you some ideas for the area and the metro system.

Here's the link to the system map:
www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Aug 20th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Deb

Also on the StationMasters website is a link directly to hotels by name. Clicking on the name will take you to a map which includes metro stops.
http://www.stationmasters.com/Lodging/lodging.html

Aug 21st, 2002, 01:25 PM
r-travels

Or purchase the Station Masters book! I think it was $7 or $8 and I never go to DC without it. If you're looking for less expensive places near Yellow Line, I immediately recall Red Roof (Gallery/Chinatown), and Holiday Inn (Eisenhower (Alexandria).

There's lots others, but in cities like DC, NY, Boston, etc., with good transportation systems, it would be great to be able to find how to use them to get to your lodging. Often the hotel website will merely read, "train station - .2 miles", but nothing specific.

Search this Thread