Search

Chicago-Holiday Inn

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Celeste Aud

Chicago-Holiday Inn

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Suites on W. Harrison Ave near the Greyhound Bus Station? Is it a safe area and easy to get to downtown? Thanks.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:49 AM
marilyn

While I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as "unsafe," W. Harrison is definitely a fringe area, not particularly convenient to any of the downtown areas, and I wouldn't really want to walk there after dark. Harrison is too far south to be well-located for Michigan Avenue shopping and there are many many better located hotels unless the price you are getting there is unbeatable (though maybe not even then).

Old May 31st, 2002, 10:47 AM
x

Get yourself somewhere else to stay. This is not a desirable area in the least, and much too far to walk to the things you'll want to be doing.

Old May 31st, 2002, 01:02 PM
patg

Celeste - While it is convenient to the near west side and west Loop, I think you would be happier elsehere. That hotel is very close to an elevated roadway, and the whole Greyhound area is not appealing.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
CBA

Thanks for the help! I got a room at the Sheraton through priceline.com so now I will have a better location.