Hotel in Midtown Atlanta

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Michele

Hotel in Midtown Atlanta

Hello,

My family and I will be in Atlanta as a stopover for 1 night in late June. I am trying to figure out which hotel to book -- since we do not arrive until 8pm, I don't want to spend too much money!! We will be in the city the next day, and want to see Martin Luther King Center and either the High Museum or Coca-Cola World.

I am looking at either the Days Inn Peachtree or the Regency Suites Hotel. Is one of these preferable to the other in terms of general location as well as being close to the above attractions? Are they close to a MARTA station? Is there an different hotel that makes more sense?

Thanks for your advice!!
Michele

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Bob Brown

I think the Fairfield Inn near the High Museum and the Woodruff Arts Center might be a good buy for the money. It is on Spring Street near where the "connector" divides into I75 and I85 and where Spring interesects with North Peachtree Street.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:36 PM
tembody

We visited some friends who stayed at the Residence Inn Midtown. It was absolutly georgous and some rooms face the skyscrapers and are wonderful at night. They took Marta every day and said it was a couple of blocks away. (I'd check to make sure that is correct.)

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Brent

I have stayed in the Fairfield Inn Midtown (I think I paid $49 on a weekend night)and it one of the least expensive hotels in Midtown. It is conveniently located and is a decent place to stay for the money. The Residence Inn Midtown nearby is very nice but pricier (I paid $119 for a weekday) plus you'll have to pay for parking if you drive. I've never been in the Days Inn Peachtree but it's in a good location. I haven't been in the Regency Suites but it looks nice. I'm not sure how close any of these are to MARTA.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Brian in Atlanta

The Days Inn is an older property - I haven't been in it (it's a few blocks from my house), but I wouldn't surprised if it was rundown. It is half a block from a Marta Station. It's also in the Fox Theater district, so there are a few restaurants in the area (Barronda is highly recommended).

The Fairfield Inn is a few blocks from a Marta Station but you'd really want a car at that location. The area immediately around it doesn't have much to offer.

You may also want to look at the Wyndham at 10th and Juniper. It's a block from the Marta and there's more activity (restaurants/Piedmont Park) in that area. It's about a 5 block walk to the High.

Good luck.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Michele

Thank you for the help!!

I booked a room at the Days Inn, primarily because of the price (only $55!) -- the Fairfield Inn was about twice as much and since we will not be in the room that long I thought we could spend the extra $$ on something else (a nice dinner!).

I am wondering if the Days Inn walking distance (1-2 miles) from the Martin Luther King Center? Or does the MARTA train go there?

Thanks again for the help!!

Michele

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Brian in Atlanta

It's too far to walk. You can get there by MARTA by taking the train south and transfering to the east-west line. Check out www.itsmarta.com for the route.