Search

NYC- July 4th

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:33 AM
bailey

NYC- July 4th

Just got back from NYC a couple of weeks ago and dearly loved it. Can't wait to go back. How difficult would it be for a tourist to get around town around the 4th? Was thinking about trying to do a Circle Line cruise in the harbor during the fireworks. Just wondering if it would be a good time to visit (barring a heat wave!).

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:36 AM
x

I don't know if the Circle Line goes around during the fireworks. Check with digitalcity.com for NY celebrations,they might help.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:38 AM
NYgirl

http://www.digitalcity.com/newyork/entertainment/event.adp?eid=760783

This will tell you about the Circle Line and this site is great for planning other entertainment during the Fourth~
Have fun!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:54 AM
Jim

There's only one place to be in NYC on July 4th: the Coney Island hotdog eating contest.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
lisa

Bailey -- it will be EASY to get around NYC on the weekend of the 4th because all the NY'ers leave town! The best place to watch the fireworks is downtown or the FDR Drive (which will be closed). Both of these will have huge crowds. It's a lot of fun.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:59 PM
Ted

There's a couple of cruises that leave from South Street Seaport for fireworks watching. I went on one in '99 and it was great. No better view than the middle of the East River. I don't recall if it was a Circle Line boat or not.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:52 AM
Michele

I am also thinking about going for a 4 day trip around the 4th. Any other ideas on where to see fireworks, or other special events that weekend.

Thanks,