Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Vanderilt, West End, Music Row area hotel help

Apr 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

I'm looking for a basic hotel/motel in this general area - any suggestions? We're traveling with teenage/young 20s boys, so we're going for reasonable rather than romantic or historic (would love to stay at Union Station!), etc.
Apr 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM

There are several chain hotels in the area - I know there's a Marriott and Holiday Inn right on West End across from Centennial Park, and an Embassy Suites on the other side of campus in walking distance from West End. There's also a Hampton Inn on Elliston Place, which is a couple of blocks from West End/Vanderbilt and is walking distance of several restaurants.
Apr 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM

I've stayed at both Hampton Inns in the Vanderbilt area and was happy with both. Have also stayed at the Days Inn, and while it was fine for what it was, the Hamptons are better.
Apr 16th, 2010, 10:47 AM

I think there is a Courtyard or two out that way also, but if I was traveling with teenage boys I would go for someplace with free breakfast like a Hampton Inn!

The Hutton Hotel looks fabulous...it wasn't quite open yet when I was last there 1+ yrs. ago...they had some great opening deals, but those are probably all gone now. You might check on TravelZoo to see if there are any Nashville bargains.
Apr 16th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Hutton Hotel was impressive, but so was the price - especially when you're paying for kids. Hamptons look good - thanks - and free breakfast that might take them through 10am! But to think of a Hampton Inn being on Elliston Place - I realize Nashville has changed in the last 20 something years - I wonder if I will recognize anything!