Search

BOSTON'S BEST

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOSTON'S BEST

I'm planning a trip to Boston and it's for a very special occasion. I've never been to this city so I need some help. In this instance, price is not a consideration and will want to book a suite wherever we end up staying, realizing it will probably be in the neighborhood of $500/night. I need to stay at the most gorgeous hotel in the city. I've stayed in deluxe executive suites at The Ritz and The Four Seasons in other cities, so I know those are always an option. However, I've been reading good things about The Eliot, The Lenox, The Fairmont Copley Plaza and The Harborview Hotel. I will be staying 3 nights and hope to walk and/or cab it around the city, so location is also a consideration. So if money were no object and you wanted total luxury and pampering, which of those would you book? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:45 PM

Go to Trip Advisor for reviews on many of the hotels you've listed > http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6...ts-Hotels.html

For my money, I think I'd go for the newly renovated Ritz Carlton. Do be aware that Boston now has TWO Ritz Carlton's -- the "old" one which was recently renovated and now a newer, more modern Ritz. I think the newly built Ritz is referred to as the Ritz Carlton - Boston Commons (okay, but if memory serves me the "old" hotel sits on corner overlooking the Commons). Either way, you can't go wrong. I render my opinion as someone who's never stayed in these places; rather I grew up just outside of Boston.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:55 PM

The original Ritz Carlton in Boston is on Arlington Street at the corner of Newbury, overlooking the Public Garden.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:11 PM

The Fairmont Copley Plaza rooms are just ok- nothing special--need some renovation..but the Lobby is gorgeous and the restaurant is FABULOUS!! reminds me of the Oak Room in the Plaza in NYC....

For my money, I would do the Eliot--way more upscale..and if you did the Ritz, stay at the Old one- more in the Ritz fashion than the new one , as the new Ritz is very very modern.....
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
There's a new, very expensive boutique hotel on Beacon Hill. But I have forgotton the name. Hopefully, someone will chime in.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:06 AM

There are actually two new boutique-type hotels: 15 Beacon, and Nine Zero. We like Le Meridien.