Atlanta Airport Restaurants

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Atlanta Airport Restaurants

I will have a 3-hour layover at Atlanta during dinner time and I was wondering if there are any "nice" restaurants at the airport. (NOT Burger King, etc.)

I will be departing from Concourse E.

Thanks.
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Here is a list for concourse E

http://www.airwise.com/airports/us/ATL/ATLcE_04.html
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM

I was going to say that you can get to any concourse you want within minutes on the shuttle - but I looked at all the restaurants at the airport and I am very sorry to answer your question with a NO. - I rarely eat at the airport because it is so overpriced and the quality is poor ... For the "the world’s busiest passenger airport." it is seriously lacking!!

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Default.asp
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

I had already checked the website for Atlanta-Hartsfield and Concourse E. I ruled out things like Burger King.

There were 2 other restaurants mentioned on Concourse E that sound like possibilities for dinner, but the descriptions were very vague. I just thought that someone who is more familiar with this airport might be able to offer better suggestions.

Unfortunately we will be spending 3 hours there during dinner time. I was looking for a way to pass the time more comfortably.

W&G....If you think that Hartsfield is bad....have you been to Miami International lately??? YUCK.

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 11:03 AM

The food court on concourse E is currently closed due to renovations. Images Bar is open, but is quite crowded during peak times. They only serve bar-type foods, anyway, i.e burgers, nachos, etc. There are a couple of food kiosks open, but no other sit-down restaurants. I would advise eating elsewhere before you head over to Concourse E.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Amydelta.....THANK YOU so much for this valuable information. This is why I don't always believe everything I read on a website and why I always like to verify information with knowledgable people.

Thank you again. I appreciate your help.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Go to Councourse A and eat at Paschals. It's an Atlanta-based soul food/Southern food restaurant. Yes, it's in the food court. But the food is quite good. My mom and I were at Hartsfield on a trip back from Mexico and she said the liver and onions were some of the best she'd ever had.

Whenever I have the misfortune of flying through ATL, Paschal's is a ray of sunshine.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 07:32 PM

suntravler
LOL! Yes, I was at Miami about 2 years ago - That is the worst airport I have ever seen. (Has it been remodeled after 1960? )

Ok, I don't want to gross anyone out or cause alarm - BUT the airport has been getting a lot of news coverage lately. It seems the food court is rodent infested.

I am sorry Suntraveler - but if it was me, I would want someone to tell me.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Once again.....this MB proves that the "official website" doesn't tell the whole story.

Thanks again for all replies.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM

I have one caution: I would not recommend eating chicken from Le Petit Bistro in Concourse E. I ate at Le Petit Bistro March 10 en route to Maui, and had a bad case of food poisoning immediately after checking into our condo. My hubby and I had eaten the exact same things that day -- except for lunch at the airport -- and I was the only one sick. So I *suspect* it was the chicken...(also suspect due to way it looked and tasted, but I just thought that was the preparation).
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Beanweb24....Thanks for the input.

All these replies make me think I want to bring my own sandwiches from home.

Maybe Burger King WILL be the best choice afterall!