Xpu-Ha

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:16 AM
dawn

Xpu-Ha

Has anyone been to this resort? Can you tell me alittle about it and things to do while there. Also should we get signed up before hand for tours etc. Do they fill up fast? thnaks

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:20 AM
xxxx

Hopefully no one is staying at Xpu Ha. What an environmentalist's nightmare.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:33 AM
dawn

Yes, We are staying here and it sounds wonderful. We love nature and are not big into all the trappings of the bigger hotels.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:38 AM
xxx

I think I remember reading that due to the location and the enviromental thing it is buggy. It could be the time of year one goes, but I would bring some off or spray with me if I were you.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:46 AM
xxxx

If you loved nature, you would not stay at Xpu Ha. The people who own this and other large tacky resorts in the area destroyed a 1000's year old turtle hatching ground to build their giant monstrosity of a resort. Tell the environmentalists you encounter on the beach waving their signs around you are only visiting and not staying there if you don't want to be harassed. I'm sorry you didn't know of of this before you picked a place to stay. I'm sure you would not willingly support this type of disregard for local wildlife.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:43 AM
dawn

Any place something is built destroys something. I am so sorry you don' t have anything else to do

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:51 AM
xxxx

Dawn, you'll fit right in at tacky Xpu Ha. They built the place knowing ignorant folks like you would come. They're laughing as they run through your credit card for the overpriced little rooms in the garish buildings with the crummy cheap food. Be sure to bring your Immodium!
Have fun on the beach with the protesters, and remember, you too have helped pay for the destruction of a delicate eco-system. Congrats!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:04 AM
dawn

I am sure that I am more informed then you and What ever your problem is I am sorry. You don't even have your name ect on this sight What are you hiding. Again I am sorry that you are so angry and have such a men disposition. Thank you and I am sure we will have a great time

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:34 AM
goodygoodys

Why don't you opinionated goodie-goodie's just asnwer questions related to travel and leave your opinions elsewhere. This is not where they belong. The entire world was something else before anything was built on the ground. Give it a rest all ready.