To Bonniebroad

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Bonniebroad

Dear or dear! Lets hope home ice and home cooking does the trick. That was prety rough last night. Larry
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 08:53 AM

Yes, Larry, it was pretty rough - and ugly - last night. Edmonton simply cannot win! - for no other reason than that they wiped out my team (Wings) in the first round. I'll never like them after that!

Go Canes!

Heidi
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 09:29 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, it was sad. I don't think Erik Cole going in was a good idea. I think the thought of his getting re-injured had to be in the minds of our players ... no matter what they say, and I think that tightened them up more than they would have been. I believe Lavi should have let them put forth their best without him. The Oilers remind me of a gang of schoolyard bullies ... doing as much damage as possible while not quite crossing the line for expulsion. Oh, well, I know this is hockey .... The Canes are older, they're looking tired, and Weight was the play-maker. MacTavish knew exactly what he was doing!

I think I'll just go swimming tomorrow night!

Thanks for your support! I'll pull for your Cubs!

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM
bonniebroad

Heidi, thanks for your support. We really enjoyed watching your guys when we played you this year!

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Hold on Bonnie. . There is still one more game. And if you root for the Cubbies then you'll need prozac.
Hello Heide. Lets see what happens. I may as well root for the Wings cuz the Hawks just don't have it and aren't getting any closer either. They basically jusr fired their announcer pat Foley who is one of the best in the business. They wanted him to take a pay cut!! Maybe the worst organization in all of sports.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Oh, Larry, you're a Blackhawks fan... I'm so sorry. But at least you didn't have high expectations for a Stanley Cup like I did. The Wings were excellent all year, and then... thud. they're done. What the heck?!?

Think positive, Bonnie! Maybe the Canes are just waiting to win at home.