Search

where to stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to stay

I am planning a trip to Buenos Aires and will arrive Aug. 1 - we still don't have accommodations, which is starting to get frustrating. Most places are much more expensive than I was led to beleive, and as we are traveling with two teenagers we will be needing 2 rooms. I did find availability at the Recoleta Guest House. Has anyone had any experiences with this place? The website looks nice, and the staff has sent friendly emails. But it is hard to know. Also, if not this place perhaps someone has recommendations in the $100/per night? budget or even less? Any advice would be helpful.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Word has gotten out that Buenos Aires is a bargain destination..and it was back in 2002 and 2003...prices have rebounded nicely since then....so you probably were not intentionally misled so much as you received dated information.

Where can you find rooms for less than US 100....try the art hotel...or try a two bedroom apartment at Art Suites, so you will not need two rooms....or....try the Cocker Hotel in San Telmo...or look at the Vain Hotel (standard rooms are Us110)....
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Dr. Dawggy - always a help on this forum and others. I have checked some of the places you recommended and was quoted higher prices. I will re-check and also look into Vain Hotel. The websites are certainly beautiful.
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM

I just took a look at the Art Hotel website, and it'll run you $105 a night for rooms with a queen bed. The Cocker's rooms run from $80-$95 a night, but, they only have four rooms in the hotel, it's really more of a b&b, so I'd check as soon as possible. The Wilton, in Recoleta is $85 a night for a double room... Actually, there are quite a few places under $100 a night - you might try a search on hotels.com - I just gave it a shot and it popped up with a dozen hotels in that price range with availability the first week in August.
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM

needsnow:

We liked the Gran Hotel Dora...a small, European-like place near Calle Florida...excellent location. Cab to San Telmo, but walking distance throughout Recoleta. Rates should still be quite reasonable...we paid $100 four years ago.

Stu T.

http://www.dorahotel.com.ar/
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to Dan, Dr. and Tower..for your advice and help. I checked out all the places you recommended, but had already booked with the guest house in Recoleta (actually Barrio Norte). Perhaps next time I will time this better. We are hoping to do a one-day excursion to an estancia while we are in BA.. but can't seem to decide on which one to visit - we are looking for the most authenticity, the most horseback riding and of course, budget comes into play too. Any advice here would be great. I think we have checked out all of the websites - but comments from those with first-hand experience is always best.