Search

3 options in BA hotel; please advise

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 options in BA hotel; please advise

Hi Argentina experts!

After reading this forum (and TripAdvisor), I investigated 4 options for a 4 night stay for 2 people in BA for May.

The Art Hotel is not available. More or less for the same price I can reserve an Executive Apartment at Art Suites or a Medium room at Casa Las Canitas or a small suite at Fivebuenosaires.

May I get some advise re. picking one of them from those who are familiar with them? It will be much appreciated.

Suzanna
Old Dec 25th, 2007, 11:34 AM

We stayed in the Executive at the ArtSuites last year.
We were really happy with the room and the hotel.

Have not stayed at the Art Hotel but walk by often, it is a pretty hotel, nice lobby and street, I hear the rooms are tiny...the ArtSuites have a separate little kitchenette, dining/living area, large bedroom, big closet with safe and a nice bathroom...and a balcony.
Breakfast is included..24 hr concierge who are extremely helpful..they will arrange a remiss to pick you up at the airport also.

Five Buenos Aires..is that Five Cool Rooms? I think it was dr dawggy who described them as Five ho hum rooms lol..
Old Dec 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Scarlett. Yes, sorry, the Fivebuenosaires is FIVE COOL ROOMS. I will try to find drdawggy's comments about it.

Any suggestions for best places weatherwise, that are interesting as old towns with charm and life and/or nature, for 4 days at the end of May, outside of BA? We are not hikers. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 26th, 2007, 12:47 AM

Reviews about Five seem to be mixed:
http://tinyurl.com/yqm5x7
Have a great time in our country.
Old Dec 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM

I have stayed at Art Suites twice, the first time back in 2001 on the eve of the economic crisis in Argentina. I watched the protests in the streets from the balcony....history unfolding before my very eyes so to speak....

I have toured the Art Hotel. Rooms are tiny, tiny and the bathrooms smaller still...

Five Cool Rooms. I toured this hotel with AV Rooster's nephew...the location is nearly perfect on one of the best streets in Palermo Viejo...but most of the rooms were not very impressive. They may have five cool rooms and a bunch of ho hum rooms.......I have never been to Casa Las Canitas...
Old Dec 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the feedback and comments.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM

Suzanna:

I stayed at Las Canitas and it was really nice. It is a tad bit more expensive than Art Hotel, but we liked the rooms, lobby, breakfast, yard, business room with 2 computers, and most of all, the very personable staff. Don't worry about food: you step out the front door, walk around the corner about 2 minutes, and there is a huge choice of great eateries. Ask for Monica, the owner of the hotel. She bought this building and renovated it herself with an archetect friend and turned it into a boutique hotel. Our room faced the back yard, and we had no street noice. We stayed for 4 nights in Nov. this year, and had a great time.

Have a good trip.

Elpelar

Old Dec 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM

ElPilar, what type of room did you have? Basic/Medium/Supreme/Luxury/Deluxe?
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM

I believe it was the supreme room; about $140/night w/breakfast (AR $457.38), on the second floor, facing the back yard. Room had king bed, AC, TV, phone, ample storage areas, safe, shower, etc.
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM

We chose Art Suites also, based on the recommendations here and on TA, for our trip in May. Although we have always stayed in apartments, we tend to rent those that average out to about $100 a night. On this trip, we are planning to go to the NW for five days, and really were not willing to waste $500 on an apartment that we wouldn't be staying in. Art Suites was lovely to deal with when I called them and arranged for us to have an executive suite for three days, then we leave for Salta, and leave our excess luggage at Art Suites, come back and check into another apartment for the remaining two weeks of our trip, leaving us with extra money for Salta, bifes and Malbec.