Search

Buenos Aires hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires hotel

we are a group of 3 -4 women traveling to BA in Feb 2010. we'd like at least a 4 star hotel in the $200/nite range. what is the best location? we will be in town for 4 days. i was thinking the Mariott. any thoughts? recommendations? thank you!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 03:46 PM

After much careful research, the 6 of us picked the Mine Hotel for part of our stay in Decemember-January 2010. It's #2 of a jiggidy-zillion hotels picked by Tripadvisor reviewers and I trust that we won't be disappointed.

The Home Hotel (#8 with TA) is another one that looked great and that we may spend some nights at. We really needed a pool..it's hot that time of year. We didn't want an Apt.

I use TA as a reference on all my travels as well as Fodors. I've stayed in great places because of my research on these sites.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM

This is my list from another forum. I have only stayed at the ArtSuites. We were there for 2 weeks and loved it.
Also look into the Loi Suites Recoleta

Home Hotel
http://www.homebuenosaires.com/
Palermo Boutique Hotel - Trendy, Popular, Fun

Bobo Hotel - in Palermo
http://www.bobohotel.com/
Bobo= 'Bourgeois Bohemian" .

Art Hotel
http://www.arthotel.com.ar/
Recoleta Boutique hotel with art on the walls, a library, and a living room as well as small but very nice guest rooms.

4. ArtSuites Hotel in Recoleta
http://www.artsuites.com.ar/
Two rooms to a floor, each with a kitchen and living area plus bedroom and bath. Balcony and daily maid service with breakfast included.

5. Legado Metico
http://www.legadomitico.com/
New with good word of mouth so far.

6. Five Cool Rooms
http://www.fivebuenosaires.com
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM

To add to Scarlett's list, Miravida Soho in Palermo is a good option
http://miravidasoho.com/#/files/imag...courtyard1.jpg

I have stayed at the Marriott several times. The rooms overlooking Plaza San Martin are fine and the hotel has a great bar and restaurant.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Scarlett, I looked at some of those hotel web-sites and the home pages were like watching an indie film. Argentina must have some incredible web designers!
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks for all the suggestions. i did see that the interior rooms at the mariott don't have a view but are they dark? we'd like to avoid long walks and taxis to get around if possible whch is why i was thinking the mariott. course i haven't gotten the lay of the land yet so i may be way off.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The rooms overlooking the park at the Marriott are very noisey. We felt as if the busues were driving right through our rooms ( moved once with no improvment.)
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
DJE

We are thinking of staying at the Sofitel. Has anyone dealt with this hotel. It's supposed to be in a quiet more residential area in or very near Recoleta. On a previous trip quite a number of years ago we stayed at the Alvear Palace which we enjoyed very much, but it's just too expensive nowadays.
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 07:04 AM

Happy Traveler....I have stayed on the seventh floor overlooking Plaza San Martin...and experienced almost no problem with noise. One of the advantages of being hard of hearing I suppose.
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The noise was such a problem that we checked out..I guess good hearing can be a liability.
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM

we really enjoyed the nights we spent @ bobo hotel in palermo viejo. lovely rooms very friendly staff and awesome food in the dining room. i truly belive if what we wanted wasn't on the breakfast menu, they probably would have sent someone out on the street to shoot it.
cheers AndrewDavid
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM

we leave for the marriott tomorrow....they offered us an upgrade to exec. ($40) so we took it....
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Stay in a hotel in Recoleta. Do a www. TripAdvisor.com search. I've stayed in two hotels of my four visits to Buenos Aires and would recommend 725 Continental Hotel near the Microcenter (the business hub downtown) if you chose not to stay in the safe and walkable area of Recoleta.

725 Continental was a beautiful place, quite contemporary, well-appointed, reasonably priced, free internet in a beautiful area of the hotel, and last but important-- offered a sumptuous and hearty buffet breakfast each day. If you stay there, requests rooms on an upper floor. My room and floor were indeed wonderful and quiet whenever I was in it!

A woman friend of mine and her daughter stayed in a great hotel in Recoleta, something Suites if my memory serves me correctly. Both loved it.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM

My husband and I just returned from Buenos Aires and stayed at a hotel in Centro called Tryp Buenos Aires, San Martin 474, C1004AAJ Ciudad de Buenos Aires. We were very happy to have made Tryp our home base. Price $118 not including tax, 3.5 stars, very secured and great breakfast buffet spread (you do not go hungry) included in price. Secure meaning, front door manned 24 hr, key card entry onto all floors/room, security cameras everywhere. Rooms decor is cleanline, modern, very quiet (stayed in several different rooms - facing the street and back rooms) and great staff service. Upon request for an early breakfast due to an early morning flight, we were served. Hotel is centrally located near shopping areas. Right around the corner is a pedestrian mall - Florida/La Valle. We booked thru Expedia.

Happy hotel hunting & Aloha - DLinden