BA mid range hotel

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 09:30 AM
Brad

BA mid range hotel

greetings,<BR>What mid range hotel would be recommended in Recoleta? Ive seen posts re rather expensive hotels, how about something under $100/night for 2? We're more fussy about location than amenities.<BR>many thanks for your help.<BR>Brad

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:51 PM
paul

Try Art Suites. ArtSuites.com.ar....A one-bedroom apartment is $66 per night, plus tax. Art Suites is on Azcuenaga, between French and Juncal. The Etoile on Junin is another option. <BR>Mayra at argentinago.com can help with reservations.....

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:15 AM
marta

Brad,<BR>Apartments are great values. If you are interested in apts. in Recoleta, check our website www.apartmentsbuenosaires.com, or feel free to e-mail me for any info you may need on Buenos Aires. Enjoy!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:38 AM
lili

Hi,<BR>We stayed at artsuites and they are very nice appartments in a good location. We were 4 however and for the same price you can stay at a better located hotel: http://plazahotel.com/plaza/<BR>Also rented an appartment from Marta of apartmentsbuenosaires (Hi Marta!) and if you don't mind a non-hotel aided experience, the appartment was only $20/night, in a great location and basically a nice little studio w/complete kitchen and bathroom - I recommend all of the above !

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Bill

I stayed at Hotel Castelar in B.A. as part of a tour package. Agent said it was a 4 star hotel, but I could argue with that.<BR><BR>The posted rates were 120 pesos for a standard room and 130 for a superior room. That's US $37 or $40. I overheard a couple complaining that, at the airport, they were quoted a rate in the mid $20s. Rates include breakfast.<BR>Good location at Ave de Mayo and 9 de Julio (9 or 19?, the big wide avenida). Could walk to Congresso, Plaza de Mayo, Washington Monument, but not necessary since taxis are cheap. Close to the Teatro, I think.<BR><BR>No tourist sites in the immediate vicinty. The modest Quijote Cafe and Pizza Restaurant on the corner had a great $3 steak. Subte station out front, but taxis are so cheap.<BR><BR>English is also spoken by the helpful staff at the front desk. Safe deposit boxes on first floor. Free admission to the spa. You have to ask at the front desk about air-conditioning and they give you a remote controller for it. A computer with web access, free to guests, is located by the elevators.<BR><BR>The hotel was first top for city tour and tango show tour buses, so got choice of seat. Taxi drivers knew where the place was.<BR><BR>Standard room on 10th floor had a single bed. Small room, full bath. Air conditioner was right above the bed which was annoying because it pretty much blew right down. Night table, desk &amp; chair, small closet, locked mini fridge in room.<BR><BR>Some minor traffic noise, thunderstorm, and air conditioning conspired to foil my attempt to sleep more than 2 or 3 hours the first night. I guess I was keyed up having flown from Sao Paulo that morning and from Washington D.C. via Miami, to S.P. the night/morning the previous day. And I generally require perfect quiet, temperature, and humidity in a double bed to get a good nights sleep. I might have had the same sleep experience at the Marriott for four times the cost. Still, had plenty of energy the next day. Good night the second night.<BR><BR>I will go back to B.A., and I might stay at Castelar again, but only with a double bed in a superior room. Especially if I can get a discount on that $40 rate!<BR><BR><BR>