Art Suites in Buenos Aires

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are travelling to BA in December and have tentatively booked Art Suites both for value and location and because they offer a small apartment which gives us more room to stretch out. Anyone been there? Have any suggestions re room to request/not request? Any other items of interest about the hotel which seems very well priced for what you get.

Thanks.

CRM123
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Hi
We stayed at the ArtSuites on our first visit to BA.. which was 2 years ago now!
We asked for the room on the top floor in the back, it is very quiet and the views are good. Much more quiet than being in a streetside room.
The hotel is lovely, you get a living room/dining room with a kitchenette and a nice sized bedroom with a nice closet, with a safe and a nice bathroom. All the rooms have a terrace with furniture so you can sit outside and have a drink or breakfast..
The owners and staff are great .. The only thing I did not like was the coffee lol but there are so many great places nearby for more coffee that it didn't matter.
The concierge is fantastic.. Jorge (with the beard) .. he is so nice and helpful .. it is located in a nice little residential area , just blocks from the big tourist sites of Recoleta and close to many restaurants and cafes.
I think you will really enjoy the location and the hotel.
Hope this helps
chau, Scarlett
* who lives in BA now, as a result of that trip ( so be warned lol ) *
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM

I have stayed at Art Suites several times, the first time in 2001. I like the location, the spaciousness of the apartments, and the helpful staff! Good choice if you do not want all the amenities of a full service hotel--room service, gym, pool and so forth--and you like the idea of your own apartment in BA as HQ for your stay!
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:03 PM

And we stayed there because of drdawggys recommendation ~
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM

We stayed there for 5 nights in May, and just loved the location and the independence. It felt like a place where people live, with a grocery store, bakery, produce stand, newspaper kiosk, right there. One night when we didn't feel like going very far we had cheap and fabulous empanadas at a place down the street--I don't remember the name, but there was a wooden cutout of a woman and it said "empanadas tucumanas" on it.It was very close to subway stops, a bank, and touristy things while feeling quiet.

Breakfast was fine, not special but always fast and what was promised.

The only less-than-positive feedback I have is that our apartment was a little worn around the edges, meaning a few chips and scrapes here on the walls, a patch on the comforter, and little dark in general. But it was clean, the bed was comfy, the shower was good, and it was very quiet facing the back of the building. (Much quieter than our condo in downtown Chicago).

We would return--we loved feeling like we lived there, but with the security and support of the concierge/front door person to help with directions, a phone call, etc.

Enjoy your trip!