Single girl travelling in Brazil and Argentina

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single girl travelling in Brazil and Argentina

Hi--
I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip to SA, so can use all the help you can provide.

I will be flying into Rio end of June, planning on spending 10 days to 2 weeks in Brazil and then possibly head to Buenos Aires. Do I have enough time alloted to Brazil? How much time should I plan on being in Argentina? Should I consider any other countries?

I am in my 30s like everything from people watching at a cafe, to cultural pursuits like museums, hiking and tasty food and beverages. I have Irazu Falls as a must do--what's the best way to get there? I'm not a huge fan of big group tours but would be ok w/something a little more intimate and personal. Any suggestions?

What about lodging? Like most people, clean, safe and convenient are desireable--I don't need fancy ;-)

What about safety? Any precautions above the norm that I need to be aware of? I hear pickpockets are a concern so I'll be sure to keep an close eye on my stuff...Has anyone been there and experienced any anti-American sentiment??

Thanks for your help!
Debbie
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 05:24 AM

In late June, the temps in BA average 41F for the lows and 59F for the highs, so a bit chilly.

In Rio, expect 66F low and 77F high, so good weather for seeing the sights. Northern Brazil would be warmer.

Look on the web for info about the Brazil Airpass for travelling around Brazil (try varig.com or tam.com.br). See if the Mercosur pass is for you (for travel in southern S. America).

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 09:11 AM

Dear OneWanderingJew,

I know someone who is an absolute expert on Buenos Aires and she lives there. How can I reach you?
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 09:13 AM

Dear Onewanderingjew,

If I could have your e-mail address I will try to assist you.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Hi Patty--
Thanks for your help! Is your contact a friend of yours or someone you used for your trip there? What did you think about BA...did you visit any other parts of Argentina. Did you go to Uruguay too??

I'd love to hear about your trip, if you don't mind sharing. This will be my first time in SA--have been many places in Mexico and Central America despite my incredibly poor Spanish... ;-)

Debbie
[email protected]