PV Marriot/Sheraton/Westin beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(Suze, I'm convinced and now educated about the beach--it's not vital for my perfect trip)

That being said, of the 3 hotels in subject, which has the best beach area in terms of sunning, safety, and drinks on the beach. If there is any other very nice but not AI property I've overlooked, please recommend.
I'm very excited about our first trip to PV and will be posting many more questions. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 09:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Of those 3, I only know the Casa Magna Marriott in The Marina... it's a very nice hotel. Lots of great open air spaces. Gorgeous huge pool area with a clean narrow beach beyond that.

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 06:45 PM

I didn't see your original post, but if you are speaking of Puerto Vallarta and thinking of staying in one of the large hotels, condos, north of town, which string out forever, it would not be my cup of tea. There are hotels and condos in town, along the Malencon (sp? which give you the flavor of Puerto Vallarta. The others remind me of Miami, which I do not like.
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 06:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Fiesta Americana, which is in the hotel zone, has a very nice beach area also.
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 06:09 AM

I believe jtrandolph is referring to "Nuevo Vallarta" which is north of the airport.

These three hotels are just in The Marina or the Hotel Zone which is closer to downtown.

Of those the Sheraton is the closest (walking distance) to the Malecon (seawall promonade) the other two you'd catch a taxi or bus.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM

The Sheraton of the hotels mentioned would be the most convenient in that you would not have to take a taxi everytime you want to get into Centro PV and the Malecon. There are so many shops, churches, interesting hillside casitas, art galleries, restaurants (100's), tours, etc. The sandy beach (as of June 21 when I last saw it) is fine, its just the swimming in the ocean at that spot that's not great. For your first trip to PV, (I am partial) I encourage you to find something in Old town where you can walk EVERYWHERE. Trust me you cannot see everything and do everything in a week so on return visits you could check out the hotel zone lodging, etc. For drinks along the beach in Old town there's Los Arcos, Cuatres y Cuatres, La Palapa, Langostinos, and many more.
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 05:50 AM

I stayed in the Westin last week. Not sure what other PV hotels are like, but this one reminded me a lot of Spring Break. Lots of younger folks, water volleyball...there are several swim up bars, several large pools...but all were quite crowded. The beach at the Westin is quite small, but looks like you can just walk down a ways to spread out if you want. The hotel and pools are nice...
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 07:26 AM

spring break makes the Westin sound negative to me?
Of the three, the Marriott seems to get the best reviews on tripadvisor.
Have a great time. PV is wonderful.
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I enjoyed the Malecon and Old Town, I am glad that I did not stay in that area. It was nice to have a respite during the day - just relaxing at the pool and beach. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana in the hotel zone, which was a short cab ride from downtown. I liked the hotel very much but on my next trip, I am likely to stay in the Marina area - it is a little further from downtown, but not much. It seems to have some more dining and evening activities than the hotel zone for those nights when you don't want to go downtown.
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 08:59 AM

I have never run across a spring break atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta myself, but then again I stay downtown.

Casa Magna Marriott is a beautiful hotel, I've never heard from anyone who did not enjoy it. I was only there one night but it made a good impression.