Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Just under 4 seasons in cost

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a nice hotel, luxurious and good for infant and couple for getaway. Love 4 Seasons, but looking for something just under that in price $200-300 night. Need a good beach.
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 03:20 AM

In PV I think the best hotel beach is at the Camino Real just south of downtown. I would not describe this hotel as "luxurious", but it is one of the nicest hotels in PV. There is an original building and a newer tower as well. There are other nice hotels on the "hotel zone" and in the Marina area in PV , but the beach is a long strip with hotels one after another on it. The Westin is a nice contemporary hotel with beautiful pools and gorgeous modern art, but the beach is not as good as the Camino. Lastly, 4 Seasons is near PV, but certainly not in PV. Too far away from the great downtown that PV has to offer if you ask me...
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 04:33 PM

Look at differentworld.com. We stayed at the Quinta Real and Majahuitas last Christmas and Majahuitas' beach is the best near PV, in my humble opinion. The Quinta is not _on_ a beach, but we rode bikes to their beach club on a great spot of beach.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:53 AM

I agree w/beachgirl just got back from P. Vallarta have been many many times not in luxury but close. If I could have afford it I would have gone to Quinta Real that to me sounds like luxury. Check out different worlds.com it actually shows you all the rooms. It is on the golf course at the Marina but they have their own private beach club they take you w/a golf cart. It's not far. We try to go 2x a year so we have to cut back a little so we go to the top hotels but I wouldn't consider them luxury. If you need any more info please e mail me at [email protected]
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 10:46 AM

I loved the Camino Real, even though its not quite on the "luxury" level. It is a very sophisticated hotel though, on the best beach in PV, with beautiful views and nice rooms, good beach service. I don't think I'd consider another hotel in PV except for the Four Seasons which is too far out of town...